Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 11:13 am

okay but I think the best scene of TROS is
Han and Ben
Agree.
Also the scenes with Kylo and Rey are all highlights.

Because of the acting, yes, but not so much when it comes to dialogue tbh

But I must say Ridley gives her best performance in this one. I wonder what will be in store for her post-Star Wars. As of yet it looks like Driver will have the most fruitful career, same with Isaac.

Best way to go forward now, is to have
the great grandchild of Count Dooku who has been stranded on a desert planet without knowing who they are, drawn to action by a cute messenger druid in the shape of a flying bulb, be trained by Rey who lives in exile, cuz guess what, good old Sheev still had a couple of more clones stored somewhere for the future trilogies, and he's building yet another planet killing weapon. And Dooku is back too.
And voila! Whole new horizons of storytelling just opened up for the franchise. Star Wars will live again.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 1:53 pm
Best way to go forward now, is to have
the great grandchild of Count Dooku who has been stranded on a desert planet without knowing who they are, drawn to action by a cute messenger druid in the shape of a flying bulb, be trained by Rey who lives in exile, cuz guess what, good old Sheev still had a couple of more clones stored somewhere for the future trilogies, and he's building yet another planet killing weapon. And Dooku is back too.
And voila! Whole new horizons of storytelling just opened up for the franchise. Star Wars will live again.
:lol:

And the great grandchild of Dooku will be played by Lee's great grandson so they can mo-cap/deepfake a young Christopher Lee on his face

Oku
lol that reminds me of those humorous Episode X crawls

Searching brings up a ton, but I think this one conveys the general idea: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the ... 05/page-72

EPISODE X

A NEW THE FORCE AWAKENS

Rey has vanished. In her absence, the dastardly PRIME ASCENDENCY has risen from the detritus of the First Order and will not rest until Rey, the Last Jedi, has been destroyed.

With the support of the GALACTIC ALLIANCE, Admiral Poe Dameron leads the STAR WARRIORS. He is determined to find his comrade Rey and gain her help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Poe has sent BB-8 on a secret mission to Cantonica, where Finn has discovered a clue to Rey's whereabouts....
It's funny that re-reading it now after The Rise of Skywalker that it actually sounds plausible.

that is just plain gold :lol:

So I just sorta remembered that John Williams scored this. And that's weird because, my brains says "yea there's Star Wars music in it," but as far as I can remember, it's rehashes of all the old themes.

The film doesn't give anyone or anything much time to breathe, and the music one of the biggest victims, because honestly I just forget. It's bad enough that I imagine Williams' only instruction from Abrams was "lol just do some Star Wars music".

When I think of the prequels or the OT, I think of the iconic scenes AND the musical flourishes. Like I can listen to those tracks alone and picture the scenes in my mind. You can't do that with this film and it actually just makes me sad. Arguably Rey's theme is the only thing that sticka out to me as novel or interesting, but that's, what like a 5 second flute cue?

So much missed potential.

Jedi's new music was legendary. I will die on that hill.

I agree with Cil. Even with TFA, JJ didn't give Williams enough room to really let the music steer a scene. It barely happens in that film and barely so in this one. I also think the old themes are used/reused too often in the ST.

The PT had incredible music just like the OT.