Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 1:49 am
I*d like to thank this movie, for it moved me away from Star Wars, if only for a while, and made me appreciate things like The Next Generation, completely different side of SF spectrum, which I'm now revisiting with fresh perspective.
I don’t think anything can move me away from Star Wars no matter how bad the movie. I also don’t even think that’s the case with this movie. Even if it’s completely underwhelming when you stack it against The Last Jedi, but hey I expected that over a year in advance so I wasn’t shockingly disappointed and took it for what it is.

Yes, TFA is better than this but that’s mostly because the co-writer on that was Kasdan and not Terrio (who I feared all along).

For a while... One movie cannot erase decades of good memories, but it can definitely dull my excitement for a while.

m4st4 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 10:15 am
For a while... One movie cannot erase decades of good memories, but it can definitely dull my excitement for a while.
I completely understand.

oh

This Star Wars series is a bad clone after the real one died in 2012. Life becomes art.

Allstar wrote:
March 4th, 2020, 10:58 pm

oh
That is so... so bad.

Lol Rian Johnson faved this.

lmao

-Vader

lol wtf

Vader182 wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 3:27 pm
I'm never going to think of as the Sequel Trilogy as a "nostalgia tour," including and most especially The Rise of Skywalker (which is by all accounts a really weird movie that goes full Expanded Universe in mostly bad ways) regardless what other considerable flaws there were in the overall execution of the new series of movies.

That said, Star Wars was never beyond reproach. Disney's Sequel Trilogy made two (in my opinion) great movies and one pretty broken one, which is a stronger output than the Prequel Trilogy and in the ballpark of but lesser than the Original Trilogy (Return of the Jedi is bad, folks).

Add in a TV series that's a global phenomenon and really good, one "just okay" movie and one that's a wild success (despite me hating it), Disney's output is still fairly strong.

-Vader
Return of the Jedi is not bad by any metric.