Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah the fact that there has to be a new status quo at the end makes me think
Kylo Ren will be redeemed (or the ultimate sacrifice) and Rey perhaps using both sides of the Force, which to me always seemed like something they had to work towards to. I haven't read any of the spoilers/leaks btw.

My biggest fear is that at this point, no matter how good/bad the film is, whichever way the story ends up going, it won't match whatever shit I'll have cooked up in my mind. And like, that's 100% MY problem lmao, and one of the reasons why I've been avoiding any promo material - to not give too much room for imagination, but I can't shut off my brain too lol.
I'm already torn with Kylo Ren, because I feel like he's so far been such a good character, especially in TLJ, that no matter what they'll do with him, I'll be the one whining about it on here lmao. I don't want him to have a redemption arc to be "vadered" off the story, but I also don't want him to ultimately stay evil. Also, if they give even more jerking material to Reylo stans than they did in TLJ, I'll be so fucking mad
All of this is jokey jokey though, I'll most likely love this film

I'm pretty sure JJ has made a crowdpleaser

As long as they won't cling onto the OT too much like the previous two films, that'd be great

I mean yeah I know you can't simply ignore it and having multiple connections is fine but going through the same sort of stories is just uninspired

So TLJ is a rip-off of ESB now? :think:

lol I didn't say that,

It's just keeping the characters apart from each other and TLJ is so busy with deconstructing star wars that it doesn't feel as fresh as it could've been imo

Going the 19th, IMAX Laser

Fingers crossed the Tenet prologue or trailer is attached to it

does anyone else miss sassy TFA kylo ren and hope he's sassy again

he's too sad in TLJ to be sassy but he has had a whole year to learn how to be sassy again, like:

"you're so right"

"Perhaps Leader Snoke should consider using a clone army."
i think we can all agree this is my best post in this thread if not the entire forum

-Vader

yes, my personal favorite moment of kylo ren in the force awakens

Vader182 wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 9:35 pm
does anyone else miss sassy TFA kylo ren and hope he's sassy again

he's too sad in TLJ to be sassy but he has had a whole year to learn how to be sassy again, like:

"you're so right"

"Perhaps Leader Snoke should consider using a clone army."
i think we can all agree this is my best post in this thread if not the entire forum
-Vader
i agree tho tlj does have my favorite sassy kylo bit

“i’m sure you are”