The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Maybe Schumacher didn’t go far enough....maybe, we need to go deeper.

atilasantos wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm
Just don't go too far, Reeves
I know I'll one day try to watch Batman Forever again, like, maybe I'll do a marathon before this comes out but that means I have to watch that movie and Batman & Robin too lol

Must admit B&R is actually so hilariously bad it's become entertaining in an excruciating sort of way

edit: also jesus lol that pic of Carrey

"Batman Forever" skates by because everyone concentrates their hate on "Batman and Robin", but it's pretty terrible. Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones are awful in it and from the start Kilmer seems bored in the role.

Looking forward to finally a new take on the Riddler who can be an interesting villain in some of the comics and animated stuff.

Breaking news from the Royal Albert Hall tonight: Michael Giacchino will be scoring Matt Reeves's "The Batman"
Really wanted Max Richter on this instead

Would be the third composer to have written music for both Batman and Spider-Man.

His score for War of Apes was completely brilliant so totally happy with this.

Batman Forever succeeds as a memorable summer blockbuster in spite of the questionable acting. It clicks in all the ways Batman & Robin doesn't. The score is great and the action is well done. One thing about the Schumacher films is that they get closer to the heart of what Batman is all about, an improvement over the Burton films.

DREAMER wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 3:30 am
Anyway,I'm getting slight Dick Tracy vibes from this film.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they will take some cues from that film.

4N Legend wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 4:27 pm
Breaking news from the Royal Albert Hall tonight: Michael Giacchino will be scoring Matt Reeves's "The Batman"
Really wanted Max Richter on this instead
Well yeah his Ad Astra score is beautiful.

I really don't like Giacchino's Spider-Man work, nor his Rogue One score. His pixar work on the other hand, is fantastic. So I'm a bit in between lol

His work for Marvel is mostly above average at best, he ripped off his own Trek music for Strange, his themes for Spidey and Vulture are okish...maybe, nothing to write home about really, BUT his Mysterio theme was really really good, I dig that one.

Frankly I don't even remember the score of Doctor Strange so I have no idea what he ripped off of lol

I remember liking the score of M:I Ghost Protocol and Super 8 too. I didn't know he scored those as well