The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 8:53 am
Artemis wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 7:14 am
Some peeps on Twitter have fan ficced Lisa Bonet playing an older Catwoman if this Batman film takes place before BvS (idk how to even explain this. This whole cinematic universe is such a mess).
This is not a prequel. Wright is Gordon... hardly a chance for him to morph into JK Simmons :P

It's a new version of the character. Whether they'll try to connect this to DCU and pretend that batfleck never happened remains to be seen but I doubt it. This will probably stand on its own.
Maybe he has a Michael Jackson moment. You don't know that :P

Allstar wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:02 pm
Whitewashing Bane wouldn’t fly today either tbh.
radewart wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 9:48 pm
That's what I think happened with Bane. I don't think Nolan purposely wanted to change the character from Latino to white. He just really wanted Tom Hardy in the role.
I mean, it's still a character created by four white men. And how do we know their intentions were so pure? They might be chanting "Build that wall!" at a Trump rally these days for all we know. Clearly whitewashing villains is not really the same as whitewashing more heroic characters.

Anyway, so is Nolan cancelled or what?

The Bane thing also gets more complicated when you take into account that many Hispanics are also considered white.

It ain't that complicated. Tom Hardy's Bane while White clearly wasn't Hispanic. In this case it's more about ethnicity than race.

That reminds me I suppose Liam's Ras al-Ghul wouldn't fly today either. Of course Ras himself was already a racist character, but that's another story.

I think they're going to focus fully on Batman first and maybe later on see how they're going to cross it over with Wonder Woman and Aquaman and such. I think Jenkins will be ideal to tackle the Justice League after maybe Wonder Woman 3 or something?

I would prefer it if they continue to focus on the solo films and not necessarily working towards another team-up film.

The "focus on solo movies" strategy seems to be working. Critics are liking the movies now and the box office numbers have been great.

Yeah it works well. Releasing rated R films will probably continue to be a good strategy too.

Thank fuck for that.