The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:It'll be cool to see what villain(s) appears in this. With a veteran Batman and people like Croc around that means we might actually get villains with bonafide superpowers like Clayface.
It's going to be a more 'fantastical' Gotham City that's for sure.

m4st4 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:It'll be cool to see what villain(s) appears in this. With a veteran Batman and people like Croc around that means we might actually get villains with bonafide superpowers like Clayface.
It's going to be a more 'fantastical' Gotham City that's for sure.
I guess they'll go with the Joker.
Not Harley when it's a prequel right? Looks like we'll see her origin story in Suicide Squad which probably takes place simultaneous with BvS?
Either way, I think the Joker will be in it somehow. As for villains, I would love to see Croc (can't wait to see him in Suicide Squad), Hush, Black Mask, Firefly and Man-Bat. Court of Owls would be interesting. If they're going to use villains we've already seen on screen I'd like to see a new version of the Penguin.

Did they say it was a prequel? I was under the impression it was meant to be post-Justice League.

I doubt it will be a prequel. Joker will definitely be in it; after Suicide Squad, we wouldn't have seen enough of The Joker.

I'd keep the story close to the mob and without super powered villains. Pretty much just Batman beating up criminals for 2 hours. The Raid 2 meets The Dark Knight -damn that would be so good. Black Mask would be a great villain.

Joker may not be in it if Leto's a flop :lol: Not saying he will be a flop, though.

Bacon wrote:Joker may not be in it if Leto's a flop :lol: Not saying he will be a flop, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do a Under the red hood adaptation.

Thedarknight628 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to do a Under the red hood adaptation.
Especially with all the stuff with
Arkham Knight.
I wouldn't be surprised either.

Yeah but they could only do Under the Red Hood if it's set after BvS.. Besides, why couldn't they use Leto/Joker for a prequel? Why can't it be a prequel in the first place? This way they can make something fully of their own more easily rather than having to keep in mind that all those other heroes are around as well. Besides, Batman has been around for a long time and the Joker possibly too so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be in the film prequel or sequel.
While I like that we're going to get a more 'fantastical' Batman this time around, I don't feel the urge to see mostly/only supernatural villains brought to life (or ones we've seen before on the silver screen). But yeah, they can go a little further and use more extraordinary villains, which is nice. And I just want to see another take on the Penguin lol.

I think it's more difficult to make a standalone Superman or Wonder Woman film than a standalone Batman film. Green Lantern's film doesn't even have to be entitled to staying on Earth the whole time/most of the time, quite the contrary, which also gives more creative freedom. Emerald Knights would be a cool title btw. It should also be easier to make a standalone film about Cyborg given his powers, right?