The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

It's only a trailer....But maybe I'm ignorant, but this looks exactly the same as every other Batman film. I swear I've seen this movie already.....What's new here?

Really? You think this looks the same as the Adam West and Schumacher Batman films lol?

This looks amazing. Selina Kyle's the best character in this from what we've been shown so far. I also like their take on the Penguin. I expected a more realistic take on the Riddler to be what they presented here and so far I like what I see. Overall, I'm really looking forward to this. There are also some beautiful shots in here and the trailer music is awesome.

We haven't had a proper live-action Batman movie in ~10 years by time this comes out. Looks like a potential good start, back to basics Batman absent even a sniff of the supernatural and I don't see any space aliens. I kind of wish they'd find a happier medium between reality and fighting Darkseid though like Batman: The Animated Series, but this this'll do for now for me and some other people. I wonder if it's bit too grim and noir and horror for what constitutes today's mass audience, though.

That was a good trailer, but very silly.

It looks like they are going for a more fantastical aesthetic and tone.

Most interested in Zoë as Selina. Still don't get wtf with the wig. Not a fan of a brooding Batman or emo Wayne.

Looks like some kind of Riddler/Hush mashup maybe?

I really could have done without Alfred in this movie.

I still dig the score.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
October 16th, 2021, 6:15 pm
I kind of wish they'd find a happier medium between reality and fighting Darkseid though like Batman: The Animated Series, but this this'll do for now for me and some other people.
I think this might be as close to Batman TAS as you're gonna get on film. It felt to me more like a world that would be open to greater fantasy in the future. But The Animated Series was also a cartoon, so that allows for more than a live action film.

Pretty meh trailer. Those last 20 seconds were cringeworthy.

Looks like Reeves is trying to out Nolan's films with an EVEN more realistic, dark, and brooding take on Batman. Kinda wish they would of went in a different direction, something in the style of the previously mentioned Animated Series or Arkham video games...

The movie looks cool....why do Greg Fraser's movies look so Orange? Everywhere Orange...also why don't the goons just shoot him in the face? All in all though looks dope.

Batfan175 wrote:
October 16th, 2021, 5:37 pm
Really? You think this looks the same as the Adam West and Schumacher Batman films lol?

This looks amazing. Selina Kyle's the best character in this from what we've been shown so far. I also like their take on the Penguin. I expected a more realistic take on the Riddler to be what they presented here and so far I like what I see. Overall, I'm really looking forward to this. There are also some beautiful shots in here and the trailer music is awesome.
Fair point.

What I'm saying is this feels like a hodgepode of other films.

There is a lot of Fincher, a ton of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, some Batfleck stuff from BvS, there's a bit of The Mandalorian in there. Even a little Matrix for good value. I agree that Zoe makes a big impression. But haven't we grown tired of the feisty femme fatale with a vulnerable streak?

I'm just struggling to see what's 'new.'

However, I have to say Greig Fraser's photography is outstanding. This looks like its going to be one of the best looking Batman films with TDKR and BvS.