The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That looks great.

Damn, I wish this didn't have to be PG-13.

Gets March release date in China

Mr Pattinson has lost a lot of his magnetic pull between Tenet and this. He was so great in Tenet and now reviewers are mixed about his Batman roleplay.

blackColumn wrote:
February 28th, 2022, 11:45 pm
Mr Pattinson has lost a lot of his magnetic pull between Tenet and this. He was so great in Tenet and now reviewers are mixed about his Batman roleplay.
lol, nobody really cared about the performances in Tenet.

It's a very good movie. Like the reviewers are saying, it does feel more like Seven or Zodiac rather than anything from the DCEU or MCU for that matter. They've really pushed the limit for the PG rating; the movie is dark, violent, scary and disturbing, and even a little bit sexual. I love the vibe that Gotham gives, and even though I've never read the comics, this version of the city feels the most accurate.

There's not that much of Bruce Wayne in this, and Pattison's Batman is... fine, I guess. It's just like the other incarnations to me, he does the job. Nothing special. But Dano and Farrell kills it, as expected. Dano is the MVP for me, stealing every scene he's in, like he always does. Kravitz as Catoman was great as well, she pretty much had the same amount of depth and emotional baggage as Bruce had, which made the character way more interesting than TDKR's Selina.

Fraser did a great job on this as well. I notice that Reeves has brought over the action scene long shots from the Apes movies, and it fits the grandiose sequences well. Also gotta mention Giacchino's score. The intense music is kind of forgettable, at least compared to what Zimmer brought to the franchise ("Like A Dog Chasing Cars", etc). But the emotional parts brought me back to his LOST days. It's brilliant.

I'm not sure which group of critics will be harassed more.

-The ones who are saying that this is better than what Snyder gave us.

-The ones who are saying that this is better than Nolan's trilogy.

-Or the ones who are saying that this is not good at all.

Either way you can always count on DC fans to be the second most toxic pop culture fandom out there.

Sanchez wrote:
March 1st, 2022, 9:38 am
It's a very good movie. Like the reviewers are saying, it does feel more like Seven or Zodiac rather than anything from the DCEU or MCU for that matter. They've really pushed the limit for the PG rating; the movie is dark, violent, scary and disturbing, and even a little bit sexual. I love the vibe that Gotham gives, and even though I've never read the comics, this version of the city feels the most accurate.

There's not that much of Bruce Wayne in this, and Pattison's Batman is... fine, I guess. It's just like the other incarnations to me, he does the job. Nothing special. But Dano and Farrell kills it, as expected. Dano is the MVP for me, stealing every scene he's in, like he always does. Kravitz as Catoman was great as well, she pretty much had the same amount of depth and emotional baggage as Bruce had, which made the character way more interesting than TDKR's Selina.

Fraser did a great job on this as well. I notice that Reeves has brought over the action scene long shots from the Apes movies, and it fits the grandiose sequences well. Also gotta mention Giacchino's score. The intense music is kind of forgettable, at least compared to what Zimmer brought to the franchise ("Like A Dog Chasing Cars", etc). But the emotional parts brought me back to his LOST days. It's brilliant.
Is Barry Keoghan in this?

Forum Pro
Very solid movie, saw it last October and based on what I've heard, it hasn't really changed much since. All I know is that there was an added character last on. Giacchino's score was the strongest aspect for me. Seeing it again tonight, excited to see what the changes are, if any. I liked it back then but didn't love it. Obviously, I can't form a complete, thorough opinion since it wasn't entirely finished. Though it was basically a picture lock back then, unfinished VFX and coloring here and there. I like Pattinson's Batman more than his Bruce Wayne and had several other gripes but the tone and atmosphere are what separate this from other DC Batman films. The detective aspect is definitely reminiscent of the Arkham games which I loved.