The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Of course more pictures released yesterday and of course the first cowl was just stuntman's rubber while yesterday it was more shapely and elaborate. People need to wait and chill, it's called movie magic after all. And TDK/BVS stunt suits looked equally ridiculous, if not worse, from afar.

m4st4 wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 3:57 am
Of course more pictures released yesterday and of course the first cowl was just stuntman's rubber while yesterday it was more shapely and elaborate. People need to wait and chill, it's called movie magic after all. And TDK/BVS stunt suits looked equally ridiculous, if not worse, from afar.
How about some links.
anikom15 wrote:
February 22nd, 2020, 7:42 pm
LelekPL wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 8:23 am
I'm neither for or against the look just yet. I like the armored approach, I like the collar, I like the shape of the symbol (very DC#27) I'm not sold on the large mouth on the costume but I have to see the whole package - the ears, the belt, the cape. I'm glad it's traditional cinematic black colors mostly, I never bought the blue and grey rumors.
Blue can work fine in comic books, but if you’ve ever looked at a dark blue object at night, such as a navy suit, it will look black. The presence of dark blue indicates brightness to us, as low brightness blue isn’t really a color in our mind. A blue and grey suit would either appear black or make the scene/suit appear too bright, depending on the lighting. A black suit in live action will always be a better choice.

As a historical example, ninjas wore blue to camouflage themselves at night. They were basically invisible, even in moonlight.

I have no idea if Batman was originally supposed to be in black and grey. To me, Golden Age Batman is in black and grey, with blue as a reflective color to show contrast. This would then turn into a blue and grey suit in the Silver Age.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the yellow chestplate return.
The ninja bit is another myth. They just wore clothes that would help them blend in... as other people, not the night. They could wear white, blue, red, whatever was available to them. At night they preferred darker colors and that's about it.

Black is still the best option to disappear into the night as opposed to blue because it's the darkest and well it's fucking black! Evidence 1: until he opens his eyes I wouldn't be able to tell where the fuck my black cat is at night :P
I actually would give Bats a pitch black vantablack color for the cape.

I would like the return of the yellow oval as well. Maybe in the sequel. It might not make any logical reason to put it there (I know the stupid target for criminals explanation but when the face is uncovered that's the place to aim :P ) but it is Batman's trademark logo.
Last edited by Nomis on February 23rd, 2020, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't double post

I've provided links and pictures for years here... Nowadays, since I know most folka are just lazy and don't appreciate the extra effort, I'm just as lazy on my phone. ;) In short: twitter is your friend, sometimes.

yeah so some more rehearsal set pics:
Also budget rumored to range from $90 million to max $115 million?

Say what?! Since when is Batman asking for money. :blank:

Nothing official about it as of yet, source from Twitter so take it with the biggest grain of salt you can find lol

I can't believe that. Batman is WB's prized jewel..they will want to make sure as much as possible to make a film of high quality but also an event film to make big box office. Also the plan is to set up a trilogy. That'd be hard to do with that small of budget.

I mean Aquaman had a budget of 200 million...

Aquaman had a lot of VFX tho

Suffice to say, War for the Planet of the Apes had a budget of $150 million?? How is that even possible lol

Nomis wrote:
February 23rd, 2020, 12:53 pm
Aquaman had a lot of VFX tho

Suffice to say, War for the Planet of the Apes had a budget of $150 million?? How is that even possible lol
Came here to say that. Yeah, seems like Reeves counts every penny. This will be 150 mil. when all I said and done, I think.

The point is that if WB is willing to spend 200 million on a lesser character like Aquaman, they wouldn't get cheap (for modern superhero movies) for their most popular character.

I do find the number hard to believe, though, because it sounds like they are building pretty massive sets in studio.