The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looks like it'd fit right in with the Watchmen

I'm neither for or against the look just yet. I like the armored approach, I like the collar, I like the shape of the symbol (very DC#27) I'm not sold on the large mouth on the costume but I have to see the whole package - the ears, the belt, the cape. I'm glad it's traditional cinematic black colors mostly, I never bought the blue and grey rumors.

Forum Pro
Law
anarchy wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 2:11 am
Maximillian wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 12:35 am
anarchy wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 7:21 pm
I hope that isn’t Giacchino’s main theme. That’d be quite disappointing.
Huh? The theme sounds freaking epic
It’s just two notes with the same progression of the Imperial March, repeated again and again with very generic orchestration/crescendo. I hope it’s just the cue, not fully fleshed out yet.
It actually sounds like it's based off this

Sounds moody. Not to forget that Giacchino's work is always way better when he gets plenty of time to work lol

I think the Batsuit's ears will point outwards a bit, would fit the more hands-on self made approach to the suit. I think Catwoman's suit will be self made as well, so I expect something closer to Pfeiffer's Catwoman rather than Hathaway's.

I've got reservations about the prototype suit for now. Collar is great though.

I'm actually really liking the color and music way more than I expected to

Filming in in full swing at the Cardington Sheds in U.K.
Right now they are filming with a bunch of extras dressed in funeral attire, hopefully it's not for Thomas and Martha Wayne again.

It's what the Waynes do

actor, suit, lighting, music all has me worried this will be an “indie film” in all the worst ways

not saying it will be, but it’s like ppl saw Nolan’s Batman and thought that the reason they worked was because they’re dark

want to see a trailer though - obviously the ppl involved are all great

Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 9:21 am
actor, suit, lighting, music all has me worried this will be an “indie film” in all the worst ways

not saying it will be, but it’s like ppl saw Nolan’s Batman and thought that the reason they worked was because they’re dark

want to see a trailer though - obviously the ppl involved are all great
camera tests indicate very little

yeah the camera test couldve been simply the starting mood for that day,

the music starts interesting though with those hi hats and siren like horns, it gives a vibe of alleyway justice, kind of inline with where we left off with joker. It's kind of reminiscent of robocop. The suit itself is a polished nod to the Nolan one. It's with the mask where it really distinguishes cause its textured blackness and silhouette, definitely evokes robocop but when the perspective lifts it also seems to imply like this Batman is Black Mask inspired. The skull aspect of it really seems to come across the strongest.