The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace wrote:
March 24th, 2022, 2:00 pm
I hate it, the make up of the scaring is so badly done - it is distracting and looks cheap. More like Gotham TV show than movie quality.

Don't like the scarier, grittier version of Heath's Joker. I'm glad they didn't put it in the movie and hope the official version (maybe in a third movie) is better than this one.

Really should have been Willem Dafoe lol

LelekPL wrote:
March 24th, 2022, 5:39 pm
Ace wrote:
March 24th, 2022, 2:00 pm
I hate it, the make up of the scaring is so badly done - it is distracting and looks cheap. More like Gotham TV show than movie quality.
Nope

Master Virgo wrote:
March 24th, 2022, 6:32 pm
Really should have been Willem Dafoe lol
You know he would’ve knocked it out the park.

I had difficulty making out all of the Joker's lines in the deleted scene. Otherwise I was fine with it but the Joker is so very, very overexposed as an antagonist in the Batman/DC movies and video games and so on.

I saw somebody compare the makeup quality to this and I can't unsee it now.

The way I would put it is that in a film that is so obviously motivated by a wish to move forward, the inclusion of this specific character (whether it's deleted or not) feels as a step back. Or even many steps back. And what we see in the deleted scene is so... what you would expect it to be. It doesn't feel inspired.

The Joker has been overused at this point and I now get bored whenever filmmakers feel the need to include him, especially when they don't do anything new or inspired with him. Can we just get Hugo Strange, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Anarky, etc. or any of the other Batman villains we haven't seen a hundred times over?

okay so i really enjoyed this, but man i feel like i set myself up with the "fincher-esque" tone i felt in the trailers and promotional material, i was left wanting a fincher batman for real haha, good film, but not on the ballpark of the Nolan trilogy, i see a ton of noise, bunch of movie reviewers singing the films praises, but i bet that in years time opinions will settle down and well have a better view of things

I really liked the performances, i liked the cinematography a ton, Greig is just too good, liked the score but its not engraved into my head or anything, other than the main theme, i didnt like the editing, the pacing took some terrible hits, the dark knight also played with the 4 act thing, but did it well, and the movie pulled the return of the king with all those "endings", i felt like Andy Serkis was criminaly underused, i also felt like the seawall thing at the end hand no build up or impact, it felt like "yeah and theres this seawall and its blowing up and it bad", Rises did the "wrecking the city" thing a million times better, and that shit was at the start of the 2nd act, in the batman this was the big climactic disaster for the end of the movie, shit im getting ranty, i really enjoyed this one, but i didnt love it, its a 7/10 for me.