The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think it's a reaaaally great looking film. Is it confirmed that it's Farrell as Penguin?? It's crazy! The trailer got me very excited.

CASE wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 3:05 am
Noice!
But the song is god awful. Is it original?
I hope the tone of the movie will be nothing like this crap.

DHOPW42 wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 3:18 am
I think it's a reaaaally great looking film. Is it confirmed that it's Farrell as Penguin?? It's crazy! The trailer got me very excited.

I've been looking for confirmation about Farrell, and I can't find it anywhere. Tons of people are arguing about it.

The only good thing that came out of the Fandome (I guess WW and Suicide Squad game trailers were fine if somebody's a fan of these characters but it's not something that would get me excited). I was soooo disappointed after the Gotham Knights reveal that I just went to bed. Waiting 5 years for a Batman game to not even play as Batman, only with lame sidekicks, with Fortnite multiplayer teleporting, lootbox-looking RPG elements and another bastardization of Court of Owls storyline. No thanks.

But I woke up and I see this in the morning and I'm totally in. It looks amazing, Battinson looks amazing. It's just a trailer but it has the potential to be even better than Batman Begins. Key word - potential. But even if it isn't and it's just a solid murder mystery Batman story, that's enough. I'm in ad it's good to have something potentially good to look forward to with Batman after so many years of crap.

Now that we've gotten the trailers, could someone please enlighten me as to the recent DC comics layoffs that happened recently? What's up with that?

4N Legend wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 9:08 pm
https://vimeo.com/450541481

Wow. This is absolutely incredible for 7 weeks of footage
Yoooo

this is looking incredible

Never thought to get to see another massively atmospheric take on Batman á la Batman Begins but here we are! Fraser is on fire, Reeves is on fire, art department looks terrific and man wat the fuck that is Colin??? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Literally cannot wait, Pattinson looks next level and I love that we got to see Zoë, too excited :batman:

This teaser just killed me, amazing footage already. I love the gritty look of Gotham, reminded me a lot of the Joker film and I believe it helped for future DC movies to be more gritty when the directors want.
I loved the voice of Pattinson, because it's rough but it's not too much as well. Really happy that they are going for a different interpretation of Batman, young and not bulky this time. And thank god no jokes in the teaser!
All costumes look great but I'm still processing the batsuit. It looks quite weird at times. Batmobile is dope.

To be clear:
I don't mind this song by itself.

But not in the movie about Dark Fucking Knight Vigilante Fighting Injustice.
And juxtapose it with scenes with Pattinson's eye makeup and we have wet emo dream with this banjo thing playing background.

In Bob's shoes I would have Twilight vibe flashbacks...

Wild take: judging by the trailer, to me this looks like the first comic book movie with an exciting, original voice since Nolan's trilogy.

Why are we complaining about the eye makeup when Bale's Batman wore way more eye makeup?

was just informed this exists already, and wow