The Batman (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This is very exciting. :shock:

Matt Reeves better deliver, man. This could be really special.

Also, time to speculate who could round out the new Battinson cast.
For me, Daniel Radcliffe could be a fine Riddler.

Oh wow.

Hope it’s Pattinson. He’s the best conventional casting pick available, or at least the one I’d be most interested in.

I do like Hammer and Hoult as actors, just btw. ATJ? ... no comment :oops:

Just going to repeat some of the obvious stuff I've stated in the RP casting thread for Nolan's untitled film:

For those who haven't seen what Pattinson has done in the past half-decade, you might want to check him out. He is one of the better under-the-radar actors out there, which is strange to say because you couldn't miss him when Twilight was around. Now that he does a lot of indie films with demanding roles, you really see his range and ambition in transforming himself to fit the character he plays. Anyone who doesn't believe me should start with a little movie called Good Time. You could tell me that's Robert Pattinson, and I still wouldn't believe you. He mesmerizes.

Which leads us to Matt Reeves' The Batman. Whatever he plans to do with the character may limit some aspects of the physicality and bring out more of the detective, but you also might meet a guy who literally epitomizes the craziness that Bruce Wayne actually is, a guy with billions of dollars who dawns the cape and cowl to jump off rooftops. It would be nice to get a protagonists with a little bit of psychopathy to himself, just enough so that we still root for the guy and can completely distinguish him from a Joker type outside of the morality differences. Would be nice to attack that mental side of it all, for sure. Let's not also forget that we're getting a younger actor, which may either speak to what Reeves will do here or what he might do in possible sequels (I mean Pattinson is as old as Bruce was in BB, but the actor might portray that of a little more youth).

I'm sold on the actor, but now it's time to see how the fit becomes.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:50 am
It would be nice to get a protagonists with a little bit of psychopathy to himself, just enough so that we still root for the guy and can completely distinguish him from a Joker type outside of the morality differences. Would be nice to attack that mental side of it all, for sure.
Batman isn't a psychopath.

After the last couple film series I personally hope they steer clear of any psychoanalytic approach to the character.

Let's not also forget that we're getting a younger actor, which may either speak to what Reeves will do here or what he might do in possible sequels (I mean Pattinson is as old as Bruce was in BB, but the actor might portray that of a little more youth).
Maybe we will see a Bruce Wayne who actually has a social life for once outside of the butler. A group of friends wouldn't hurt. Also, it would be nice to see Bruce have a relationship with a woman that isn't overly complicated and actually enjoyable.

taopaipai wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 2:09 am
Batman isn't a psychopath.

After the last couple film series I personally hope they steer clear of any psychoanalytic approach to the character.
Psychopath was clearly the wrong word choice, but Bruce's traumatized childhood memory clearly distorted him to do
and become something so delusional that any psychologist would diagnose him as something different than "sane," no matter his otherwise stellar abilities.

Maybe we will see a Bruce Wayne who actually has a social life for once outside of the butler. A group of friends wouldn't hurt. Also, it would be nice to see Bruce have a relationship with a woman that isn't overly complicated and actually enjoyable.
Absolutely, I don't mind any of that at all. You don't have to be very "in your face" about any of the stuff I mentioned above anyway, the point was that Pattinson can portray that in such a way that jumps off the page. I wasn't speaking as much to the script as I was to the actor.

Decent choice if this ends up happening. Perhaps Nolan gave his blessing... although since he also gave his blessing to Snyder then maybe that's not a great omen :P

Decent choice. Very intrigued to see his interpretation of the character.

Tbh, I do wonder what everyone's reactions on here would have been to this casting if they announced this before he was announced for Nolans new film...

It would have been the same reaction. Nobody was casting doubt over Pattinson being cast like there was with Harry Styles in Dunkirk.

Who'll be Alfred?