It Follows (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Crazy Eight wrote:Tarantino doesn't get that digital records at frame rates, and thinks that Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell, and Taylor Kitsch are decisively more attractive than people like Jamie Foxx and Leonardo DiCaprio.

/conversation.
Although i do not agree with him, to be fair...Foxx was playing a slave during a horrible era and DiCaprio was the rich white man with no problems. His nitpick is that he's tired of seeing good looking men and women looking dirty and sulking, depressed. "First world white man problems" i think is what he's going for. There's holes in that though, because it doesnt matter where you come from or what you look like. Not everybody believes they're hot, even if they are. And some good looking people are quite damaged due to their upbringing or experiences in life. It sounded like he was just reaching for excuses to hate the series.

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Tarantino is a genius.

/conversation
By what quality?

-Vader
Quentin Tarantino has an IQ of 160 — the same as world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking.
http://www.businessinsider.com/smartest ... z3k4NCowEW

Also, Shauner is spot on. I liked TD Season 2 but Crazy completely missed QT's point and he is not in any way a hypocrite for saying what he did. Crazy, why are you always trying to shade Taratino any chance you get?

QT does De Palma better than De Palma. When it comes to stylized cinema I honestly think QT is king.

But I REALLY wish he'd do something mature like Jackie Brown again. The ending of that film is the "deepest" and most human thing he's ever done.

Sky007 wrote:QT does De Palma better than De Palma. When it comes to stylized cinema I honestly think QT is king.

But I REALLY wish he'd do something mature like Jackie Brown again. The ending of that film is the "deepest" and most human thing he's ever done.
I sooooo agree with this. I feel like he took a LOT from DePalma in his 70s/80s films and in a way perfected it or like you said, did it better.

Jackie Brown is his most mature without a doubt. Feels like a movie he would have made at the very end of his career.

After over a month of putting this off, I reckon I'm gonna watch it tonight. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, and I can't wait to look at m4st4's detailed analysis.
I'm still waiting on Mommy dude...

BlairCo wrote:After over a month of putting this off, I reckon I'm gonna watch it tonight. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, and I can't wait to look at m4st4's detailed analysis.
I'm still waiting on Mommy dude...
Damn! I cannot believe you just posted this, so close to my premiere. :lol: I'm waiting for Monday man, brother's day off so it's our Xavier Dolan day, I talked with him yesterday about it. Started talking about the synopsis and he laughed it off cause it sounded like Babadook, lol, but it's nothing like ('mother struggling with her violent/problematic son'). We won't watch the trailer or anything, just dive in so... looking forward to sharing my thoughts.

Yep... This was awesome... And that score...
Music... to my earholes...

David Robert Mitchell:
Hey QT, why don't we get together over a beer and talk about these notes. I have a few of my own for you.
Like all of you, I'm a Tarantino fan. My comment was meant to be humorous and not disrespectful. #respect
Now I want that round table. :clap: :judge:

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Tarantino is a genius.

/conversation
By what quality?

-Vader
Quentin Tarantino has an IQ of 160 — the same as world-renowned physicist Stephen Hawking.
Sharon Stone has an IQ of 154. Is she a genius too?

What a laughable justification. Your initial point was that he was a genius film maker. Now, after some comments dismissing you pov, you pulled the IQ card to save face.

"Genius" is not only about being (very) smart, genius. It's like you have a powerful car and you can't drive it for shit in a race. If you don't have the skill to put that smartness to work, you're just a smart guy.

IQ scores are overrated, and flawed too.

Your response was weird. So, what if Sharon Stone is a genius?