It Follows (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Can't believe there's no thread for this, my second favorite movie of the year (so far); DVD/Blu-ray is already out:

ImageImage

Rotten: 96% - 8.2/10
Metacritic: 83
The only control the teenagers have in the situation is to pass on the curse - and increase their sexual guilt tenfold. It's a brilliantly clean metaphor, not just for sexual nervousness, but also the transience of youth.
It Follows is a classy, scary horror show: Pass it on
The film has style, has panache, and a strong vision ... It uses Detroit beautifully, evoking chilling foreboding from rows of deserted houses shot from the car's POV in an autumnal dread.
In It Follows, sexual activity has metaphysical implications.

I plan on writing my own review once the blu-ray arrives... for now:

I am curious about this film. I don't know what it's about, only heard things about it through the grapevine.

BlairCo wrote:I am curious about this film. I don't know what it's about, only heard things about it through the grapevine.
I turned off the trailer halfway cuz I was sold and the movie lived up to that

Yeah... it's better to just watch the movie, trailer may be too spoilerific.

I've been trying to watch this for awhile now, but my downloads never finish :think:

the_red_ninja wrote:I've been trying to watch this for awhile now, but my downloads never finish :think:

Purchased this on iTunes two days ago. Will watch it after my 18th Birthday when I have the time.

This felt like a John Carpenter movie at times. The execution was well done. It's a well made horror movie but the concept is stupid as fuck. Fuck a stranger already, or somebody you can't stand and be done with it. It's really not that hard, especially for a girl who looks like that.

shauner111 wrote:This felt like a John Carpenter movie at times. The execution was well done. It's a well made horror movie but the concept is stupid as fuck. Fuck a stranger already, or somebody you can't stand and be done with it. It's really not that hard, especially for a girl who looks like that.
Maybe a bit of Halloween, but It Follows isn't remotely Carpenter outside of that.