The New Mutants (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Has there been a reason for these delays?

I feel like they may be reshooting the film yet again.

Charlie Heaton (who plays Cannonball) has confirmed it is indeed a full-fledged horror.

"It’s basically about these mutants in a facility for damaged mutants. It’s a story about these characters coming to grips with who they are and it’s a horror X-Men movie, which we haven’t seen before. I feel like, for an X-Men movie, yeah, I think they’re going full-fledged horror. Without saying too much — I really don’t want to give away too much what it’s about, it’s very under wraps — but it is, in terms of anything we’ve seen in the X-Men world, it definitely is a horror film. It’s scarier than anything we’ve seen in that genre."

darthnazgul wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 7:36 am
I've been feeling sick to my stomach earlier today and said to myself, looking in the mirror: huh, they must be re-shooting New Mutants again.

So yeah, confirmed.

Also, seems like both X-movies in development are going to be yet another poop load after Apocalypse. And I loved DOFP.

Never forget.

m4st4 wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 3:47 pm
darthnazgul wrote:
March 28th, 2018, 7:36 am
I've been feeling sick to my stomach earlier today and said to myself, looking in the mirror: huh, they must be re-shooting New Mutants again.

So yeah, confirmed.

Also, seems like both X-movies in development are going to be yet another poop load after Apocalypse. And I loved DOFP.

Never forget.
This iteration of the X-Men just needs to die and let Feige reinevent it down the road. That being said, don’t forget about Logan.

Logan feels like a different universe.

Just keep X-Men separate from The Avengers. The storylines work better that way.

Also, I'll stand by the fact that X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, and The Wolverine, to some extent, are some of the best superhero entertainment put out in the past 20 years.

Bacon wrote:
April 13th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Just keep X-Men separate from The Avengers. The storylines work better that way.

Also, I'll stand by the fact that X-Men, X2, First Class, Days of Future Past, Logan, and The Wolverine, to some extent, are some of the best superhero entertainment put out in the past 20 years.
Agreed. Except for the majority of First Class, which has unbelievable racial stereotypes, and it’s pretty messy plot wise, despite being quite emotional in parts thanks to the leading men duo.