Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
in the minority but thought Lucy was terrific. High hopes.

-Vader

I liked Lucy, too. Even better when you watch it high.

Getting Fifth Element vibes yo. Good good.

the_red_ninja wrote:Getting Fifth Element vibes yo. Good good.
This.

Don't know if already posted, but Luc posts something every day from set on his instagram lol

I think DeHaan will be fine, not so sure about Delevingne... She has yet to convince me with her acting chops.

According to Wikipedia the budget is $180 million

Came across (again) these freaky as fuck & good teasers:

Triple dare Besson to have something as freaky as this done for this film and attached to idk Independence day?

(and that Lucy trailer is probably one of my favourite trailers ever)

Really looking forward to this. I hope they wait long enough with the teaser trailer to show some (close to) finished VFX for this, looks like the film is going to be full of it. Glad they got a year of post-production.

Nomis wrote:Really looking forward to this. I hope they wait long enough with the teaser trailer to show some (close to) finished VFX for this, looks like the film is going to be full of it. Glad they got a year of post-production.
I don't think they necessarily even need that much footage for a teaser....just look at the FB or Beauty and the Beast first teasers....or even those Fifth Element ones I linked a few posts ago.

I realise for some people trailers with little footage are a waste of time (as I realised with some people's reactions to Beauty and the Beast) but studios can pull this sort of stuff off.