Isle of Dogs (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Numbers wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 10:45 pm
I thought Tracy came off as a "white savior," and it bothered me a bit.
She fits the trope to a T.

But the only one who actually does anything that saves the situation is Atari. Tracy just finds the antidote which would have been revealed anyway.

Bacon wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 11:44 pm
But the only one who actually does anything that saves the situation is Atari. Tracy just finds the antidote which would have been revealed anyway.
She still is the leader of uprising against Megasaki's corrupt politicians, and seems to be the only character who is bent on exposing them. Every other character is completely neutral about the cause.

BlairCo wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 11:53 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 14th, 2018, 11:44 pm
She still is the leader of uprising against Megasaki's corrupt politicians, and seems to be the only character who is bent on exposing them. Every other character is completely neutral about the cause.
There are others in the nation that are obviously and actively pro-dog? Watanabe?

But she's portrayed as the most vocal out of everybody in the movie. She is the one who goes on an emotional journey, not Professor Watanabe. I really liked the movie, but all the usual tropes I feared it would avoid were all there.

BlairCo wrote:
April 15th, 2018, 12:10 am
But she's portrayed as the most vocal out of everybody in the movie. She is the one who goes on an emotional journey, not Professor Watanabe. I really liked the movie, but all the usual tropes I feared it would avoid were all there.
Tbh I thought her character was basically the most useless one in the film and I'm not the only one to feel that way.

BlairCo wrote:
April 15th, 2018, 12:10 am
This.

the world doesn't deserve wes anderson

We should just stop making movies, I think would solve everything.

i just found out some festival held a special screening of this over a week ago and i fucking missed it
and im not sure if this will have a regular release here

i haven’t felt this stupid in a while