Captain Marvel (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Wow, so instead of making their first female-centric movie a priority, they said, "let's make Ant-Man 2 and push that Captain Marvel bitch back a year!"

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Wow, so instead of making their first female-centric movie a priority, they said, "let's make Ant-Man 2 and push that Captain Marvel bitch back a year!"
Yep.

This pisses me off.

And yet, nobody gives a shit. As always, everything Marvel does is righteous. I mean, imagine if WB had pushed Wonder Woman back a year so that they could make a Plastic Man movie. The internet would lose their shit. There would be riots and petitions and boycotts all around.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:And yet, nobody gives a shit. As always, everything Marvel does is righteous. I mean, imagine if WB had pushed Wonder Woman back a year so that they could make a Plastic Man movie. The internet would lose their shit. There would be riots and petitions and boycotts all around.
People do give a shit, and are actively expressing their disappointment. I myself am, but I'm still glad that it's released before Infinity War Part 2.

I couldn't care less if Wonder Woman was delayed.
Last edited by darthnazgul on October 8th, 2015, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthnazgul wrote:
I couldn't care less about Wonder Woman being delayed.
Well, I just can't express HOW FUCKING HAPPY I AM FOR YOU.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:
lol

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:Wow, so instead of making their first female-centric movie a priority, they said, "let's make Ant-Man 2 and push that Captain Marvel bitch back a year!"
Why am I not surprised that a franchise that is such a sausage fest would not prioritise giving us a female protagonist in her own movie?

But it's in line with their attitude towards all the other female characters. Black Widow for instance has always been a supportive character in other characters' films and as a result her character development has been limited and even incoherent at times (where did that Huk love story even come from?). Maybe that's also because they have no idea how to make a movie revolving around her interesting (which is a stupid assumption for them to make, since they could do anything they want but maybe they just don't know how to write complex female characters). All this wouldn't be so bad if Black Widow wasn't the most prominent female character of the MCU and the only female character in the main group. Gamora is another one but she's so similar to Black Widow that it feels like these women are typecast: all serious, cold efficient assassins. And then there is the 'whore' joke from GOTG...ugh. It just goes to show that as a female character one is either a girlfriend (Pepper, Jane) or a coldhearted badass assassin (Black Widow, Gamora), which is just as shallow a cliché because it's generic and 2-dimensional at best.

It ultimately shows that Marvel panders to the demographic it thinks it needs to please at all costs: 12-year old boys, who, according to Marvel, are apparently in no hurry to see a female superhero as the main character in a movie...it's a shame.

About the Wonder Woman Captain Marvel comparison: WW is way more important in the DCU than CM in MCU. WW being delayed would be a shame while in CM's case I understand why is not a priority.

But anyway, you'll still get your movies. What is it a year? Unless you die in the meantime. Then it kinda sucks :P