Annihilation (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:Image
nice

still sucks that this won't get a theatrical release in my country...

That poster is pretty bad.

shauner111 wrote:That poster is pretty bad.
Portman looks like Jennifer Lawrence on that poster.

This shot super high in my most anticipated films of the year after I saw Ex Machina. So ready for this.

It's weird that the mid-budget range sci-fi movie is super rare these days but in ONE MONTH we're getting THREE of them.

-Vader

Shouldn't everyone be boycotting this film since Portman signed the Polanski petition in 2009? Bunch of god damn hypocrites. Especially rich that Portman thinks shes one of the leaders of the MeToo movement.

Allstar wrote:
February 9th, 2018, 2:07 am
Shouldn't everyone be boycotting this film since Portman signed the Polanski petition in 2009? Bunch of god damn hypocrites. Especially rich that Portman thinks shes one of the leaders of the MeToo movement.
Allstar's got a point.

Allstar wrote:
February 9th, 2018, 2:07 am
I don't think that's the right mentality either, though. There's a lot of hysteria going on that's dangerous, but pointing to Portman (or Scorsese, etc) out of defensiveness isn't any better.

Everybody just needs to keep a clear head.

-Vader