CW's Legends of Tomorrow

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:Okay, apparently it's called "Pilot Part 1" meaning it's two parts.
It also means that the people making the show clearly don't understand what the word 'pilot' actually means.
My thoughts exactly.

They keep running ads referring to the team as 'eight outcasts' which is really strange since only 3 (Canary, Snart and Heatwave) are actually outcasts in any way. Maybe 4 if you count Hawkman but even then he's still Carter Hall.

Well Ray is "dead."

I guess, but still. I mean Stein is a highly respected professor.

Also, does anyone else think Heatwave will either A: Do nothing or B: Be killed? He's like the least interesting character of the bunch.

Well this exceeded my expectations. It feels less like a comic book show and more like a fun team-based sci-fi show, like Firefly.

With that said; what the fuck, Stein?

So is this actually any good at all? I've heard it's fun, but extremely stupid.

Bacon wrote:So is this actually any good at all? I've heard it's fun, but extremely stupid.
It's a live action Saturday Morning Cartoon. It's less serious than The Flash or Arrow but that's part of the charm, it's just seeing all these characters work together. And those characters bounce off of each other very well, every member feels valuable because of what they bring to the rest of the cast. In some cases, like Ray Palmer and Sara Lance, the characters are actually more entertaining then they were in their original show. The only dull character is Hawkman but the rest are great, and Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell steal the show.

I actually love Wentworth Miller in this. I also agree that it's a shame that the show revolves around Hawkgirl and Hawkman.