Mulan (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Call me old fashioned, but it's a pretty shitty to laugh at the situation when there's 3,000 people dead.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:52 pm
Call me old fashioned, but it's a pretty shitty to laugh at the situation when there's 3,000 people dead.

-Vader
I'm obviously not laughing at the coronavirus, but I guess I can't stop you from going ahead and jumping to that wrong conclusion.

you literally are tho lol

the punchline is Disney can't release the movie in their biggest market after so much effort, which is hilarious until you remember they can't release it right away because of a virus that has taken more human lives than 9/11

-Vader

Wish they could find an actress as charming and lovely as her instead of that plank of wood.

Vader182 wrote:
March 2nd, 2020, 5:58 pm
you literally are tho lol

the punchline is Disney can't release the movie in their biggest market after so much effort, which is hilarious until you remember they can't release it right away because of a virus that has taken more human lives than 9/11

-Vader
Laughter is the best medicine.

Eh, Yifei actually looks to be pretty good as Mulan imo

Glad Niki Caro apparently did an authentic job representing the culture of Disney on screen. :ugeek:

Those are some classic "early reactions to be summarily ignored" but I'm going to be truly shocked when a good filmmaker makes a good film. That's always a surprise.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 2:52 pm
Those are some classic "early reactions to be summarily ignored" but I'm going to be truly shocked when a good filmmaker makes a good film. That's always a surprise.
You should also add 'within a predefined Disney system'. Not a lot of those left on the list now.