Mulan (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I take all early Disney reviews with a massive grain of salt

So when is this getting pushed back?

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
MULAN is now dated on 7/24/20

Its interesting to think they'll be able to release it then. Surely a good sign for Tenet too.

However, there have to be movie theaters to actually go see them in. Given the AMC news this morning, I'm feeling quite sad about the future of movie going.

I agree with the idea that this is an incredibly risky date to place the film in. I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed again and only being placed there in the first place to give people the illusion of comfort and to keep it fresh in people's minds.

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 2:54 pm
Its interesting to think they'll be able to release it then. Surely a good sign for Tenet too.

However, there have to be movie theaters to actually go see them in. Given the AMC news this morning, I'm feeling quite sad about the future of movie going.
tbh I think it has more to do with the fact Mulan can wait until June to re-activate marketing since they already dumped almost their whole marketing budget by the time they pulled it, whereas Tenet would have to spend 3-4 months worth of marketing still so Tenet is the riskier movie.

we'll probably know soon though.

-Vader

I was so against this movie since trailer one, but Ruth's post in diary made me remember it and think about it as one of the potential first movies in cinemas after reopening (I believe it will move again though). Does anyone remember any decent reviews or opinions after those initial rare screenings, what was the vibe? I honestly remember like it was... Positive? Feels like ages ago. :( Anyway, would love to hear from you folks or perhaps even read something, so far couldn't find much on the web.

It was decently positive though the people that did see it I wouldn’t exactly seem trustworthy from what I recall, Frosty types.