Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Xavier saying "fucking" is so off-putting :lol:

Oku
Terrible trailer, but I'm guessing just like with the first trailer, people will say it was awesome anyway, because they don't know how to judge a trailer separately from their hype for the film itself.

Forum Pro
Law

okungnyo wrote:Terrible trailer, but I'm guessing just like with the first trailer, people will say it was awesome anyway, because they don't know how to judge a trailer separately from their hype for the film itself.
lmao anyone who says the first trailer wasn't awesome or great has no place even talking in this thread

Tickets are on sale in the UK btw. Got my midnight show on March 1 IMAX ones.

Footage looks amazing, trailer - I much prefer the drama drive of the first one but this one is pretty good too.

bro the first trailer is legitimately one of the best cut trailers i've ever seen

EDIT:

After watching the trailer, it's definitely not as good as the first one, but this still looks good. They went for more oddly comical bits here that look kinda silly in the trailer, but I hope will work in the actual context of the film to lighten up the darker tone and whatnot.

Oku
Bacon wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Terrible trailer, but I'm guessing just like with the first trailer, people will say it was awesome anyway, because they don't know how to judge a trailer separately from their hype for the film itself.
lmao anyone who says the first trailer wasn't awesome or great has no place even talking in this thread
Michaelf2225 wrote:bro the first trailer is legitimately one of the best cut trailers i've ever seen

EDIT:

After watching the trailer, it's definitely not as good as the first one, but this still looks good. They went for more oddly comical bits here that look kinda silly in the trailer, but I hope will work in the actual context of the film to lighten up the darker tone and whatnot.
Maybe you are mistaking your love for the song by Mr. Cash as love for the trailer?

First, the structure is weird.

I like a classic trailer structure, like the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Pete's Dragon, Rogue One trailers (don't know exactly which), to name a few from last year.

Then, there are too many dramatic shots of characters looking constipated:

Mr. Jackman looking constipated while staring at a field, while staring in the mirror. / Mr. Stewart looking constipated while staring at the ceiling.

This is what RedLetterMedia calls "the Natalie Portman method of acting".

Making your face look constipated doesn't make your film look dark and serious, it makes it look like a joke.

Some of the worst, most unnatural, exposition I've ever heard in a trailer:

"Charles, the world is not the same as it was." / "Mutants, they're gone now."

Awkward line delivery, with some lines said way too slowly and some way too quickly, that makes it hard to understand what's being said.

The way Mr. Jackman jumps at the guy in the forest is so comical you can basically see the cables they have on him that they edited out in post-production.

And don't even get me started on the premise of the film.

How many times have we seen the "reluctant hero is forced to become a father figure to a teenage girl" done before?

We just got that a few months ago in Jack Reacher: Never Go Back.

Overall, it's just trying way too hard to come off as this gritty, edgy drama, which I don't buy for one second.

Edit: added quotation marks
Last edited by Oku on January 19th, 2017, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stewart and Jackman are Mr.s but Portman is only Natalie? Sexist.£

Oku
Master Virgo wrote:Stewart and Jackman are Mr.s but Portman is only Natalie? Sexist.£
Because it was a direct quote, but I forgot to go back and add the quotation marks after finishing up the sentence.

Edited to add the quotation marks.

Nice try, but no sexism here.