Logan (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:the dramatic elements were so good in this trailer that I was actually disappointed seeing an action scene in it. I hope they don't fuck up a good movie in the final act with over the top action.
I'll give Mangold and Fox the benefit of doubt and assume they aren't, you know, dumb enough to make the same exact same mistake they made in the last Wolverine movie.
Allstar wrote:
didich wrote:This looks suberb. But even more importantly (in my opinion), it looks like a movie (or trailer) that actually isn't afraid to be smaller, that doesn't need to pretend it's bigger and more bombastic than it's story (both Rogue One and specially Fantastic Beasts should learn this lesson asap).

Also, this seems to be an actual good use of R rating in a superhero-based movie (from the recent examples I found Deadpool to be rather juveline and BvS just dull and childishly superficial with it, even if I'm a bit fond of the overall movie).
I think Feige should learn a lesson.

He should be embarrassed after this trailer. Especially after that lame Guardians trailer yesterday.
Some characters Marvel has really could use this approach (Feige doesn't seem to leave his comfort zone in this aspect, which saddens me because Black Widow could have had a movie years before and this tone is perfect for her, also somehow I can picture Iron Man in something like this lol) but GOTG is the complete opposite, how would they work with some like this? (and I didn't like their trailer).

If only Sly would do something like this for the final Rambo film.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:If only Sly would do something like this for the final Rambo film.
Was thinking about Rambo the other day. I would be cool to see him do another in the vein of this.

didich wrote:from the recent examples I found Deadpool to be rather juveline and BvS just dull and childishly superficial with it
one of those things was wholly intentional and in keeping with the source material

Cilogy wrote:
didich wrote:from the recent examples I found Deadpool to be rather juveline and BvS just dull and childishly superficial with it
one of those things was wholly intentional and in keeping with the source material
And the other had a smear of blood on the wall and... harder punches?

I don't know about smart usage of R-rating but we've seen Logan claw punching a dude in the face and it looked great.

Well I think the MPAA has wildly different and hypocritical standards depending on the type of film.

An R-rated superhero film may be subject to different standards than a schlock horror flick, simply because of how wide an audience they reach, in their eyes at least.

If the film is really going to be as good as I hope then I'm also sad that this will be the last time Jackman plays the character.. I mean, I don't think either Wolverine solo films were good but I'm a huge fan of the character and Jackman's performance. I'm going to be more sad about this being Jackman's last than I thought I would be after having seen this footage.

I mean... this one's for you 'superheroes are dead' whiners - a taste of what a genre can become when you bend it and push it enough. It can be literally anything.

This looks good.

With less than two minutes of footage, I can't tell if this is going to be as deep as the trailer makes it look or if it's going to be a superhero flick with a trailer featuring emotional music. I have hopes though.