Best Films of the Decade (2010-2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't understand all the admiration for Django, Drive, Budapest Hotel, and Tree of Life. And as much as I love Leo and have enjoyed 21st Century Scorsese I just can't get behind Wolf of Wall Street either...

Prisoners is my favorite so far. Others that are pretty nifty:

Interstellar
Inception
TDKR
12 Years a Slave
Mud
Place Beyond Pines
Wolf of Wall Street
Animal Kingdom
Incendies
Moneyball
Take Shelter
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Warrior
The Master
Looper
Whiplash
Gone Girl
Foxcatcher

That being said, looking through other lists these are some of the films I feel I need to see in order to more legitimize my list:

Toy Story 3
Looper
Warrior
Inside Llewyln Davis
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Zero Dark Thirty
Take Shelter
Shame
The Place Beyond the Pines
Big Hero 6
The Hunt
The Raid
Inherent Vice
Mud

I just hope they won't be as disappointing as the last high profile film I watched, which was American Hustle. While my exposure to film these days is limited quite frankly I feel like I'm not missing much and the number of quality titles has declined since the first few years of the decade. I hope I'm wrong...
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on April 10th, 2015, 12:29 am, edited 7 times in total.

lcbaseball22 wrote:That being said, looking through other lists these are some of the films I feel I need to see in order to more legitimize my list:

Whiplash
Her
12 Years a Slave
Toy Story 3
Gravity
Nightcrawler
Looper
Warrior
Edge of Tomorrow
The Cabin in the Woods
Inside Llewyln Davis
Prisoners
Zero Dark Thirty
Life of Pi
The Master
Take Shelter
Shame
Captain Phillips
Star Trek Into Darkness
Big Hero 6
The Hunt
The Raid
Inherent Vice
Mud

I just hope they won't be as disappointing as the last high profile film I watched, which was American Hustle. While my exposure to film these days is limited quite frankly I feel like I'm not missing much and the number of quality titles has declined since the first few years of the decade. I hope I'm wrong...
Wait wait WAIT...you haven't seen any of those films????

too bad RUSH is still being underrated...

lcbaseball22 wrote:I don't understand all the admiration for Django, Drive, Budapest Hotel, and Tree of Life. And as much as I love Leo and have enjoyed 21st Century Scorsese I just can't get behind Wolf of Wall Street either...

lcbaseball22 wrote:That being said, looking through other lists these are some of the films I feel I need to see in order to more legitimize my list:

Whiplash
Her
12 Years a Slave
Toy Story 3
Gravity
Nightcrawler
Looper
Warrior
Edge of Tomorrow
The Cabin in the Woods
Inside Llewyln Davis
Prisoners
Zero Dark Thirty
Life of Pi
The Master
Take Shelter
Shame
Captain Phillips
Star Trek Into Darkness
Big Hero 6
The Hunt
The Raid
Inherent Vice
Mud

With all do respect, you can't make a claim like this without seeing those movies. The state of film is as good as it always was. There are still great films out there every year and ignorance is not an argument.

Plus American Hustle? Really. You give it as an example of the state of film? I mean it's a decent flick but almost no film fan actually loves it or thinks it's great in any way. Seriously do yourself a favor and check the films on our lists. You're missing out

No Order:
Whiplash
Inception
Cloud Atlas
Her
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Interstellar
Before Midnight
The Dark Knight Rises
50/50
The Social Network
Boyhood
Gravity
The Master
The Tree of Life
Black Swan

BlairCo wrote:No Order:
Whiplash
Inception
Cloud Atlas
Her
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Interstellar
Before Midnight
The Dark Knight Rises
50/50
The Social Network
Boyhood
Gravity
The Master
The Tree of Life
Black Swan
forgot about 50 /50.great movie

AsianVersionOfET wrote: Wait wait WAIT...you haven't seen any of those films????
That's correct, but I'd be willing to bet I saw more films in 2010 and 2011 than you've seen in the entire decade so far. :P
LelekPL wrote: With all do respect, you can't make a claim like this without seeing those movies. The state of film is as good as it always was. There are still great films out there every year and ignorance is not an argument.

Plus American Hustle? Really. You give it as an example of the state of film? I mean it's a decent flick but almost no film fan actually loves it or thinks it's great in any way. Seriously do yourself a favor and check the films on our lists. You're missing out
American Hustle received a lot of end of year mention from critics and the guilds and it was considered a threat to win Best Pic. Just saying I've been sorely disappointed by many of the films considered among the best these past years, including Wolf of Wall Street and other aforementioned titles. I was even a bit underwhelmed by Argo, the Best Pic winner of 2013. 2010 was a banner year and 2011 was pretty great too, but I haven't been too impressed since then with critics favs or even popular titles...
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on March 17th, 2015, 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.