The Criterion Collection

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What are people's opinions on Fail-Safe here? I know the basic idea behind it (and the ending unfortunately) but it just seems like a more terrifying and depressing version of Dr. Strangelove, even if DS has very similar ideas under the surface and behind every snarky punchline.

Fail-Safe is incredible. Extremely unfortunate that it would always be overshadowed by Strangelove. But doomsday movies don't get better than this.

Just watch everything Lumet has made

Bacon wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 6:48 pm
Parasite and Memories of Murder to join Criterion
https://www.thewrap.com/parasite-and-me ... ollection/

Of course they do this a few weeks after I buy the Blu-Ray of Parasite.
I've had Memories of Murder on Blu-Ray for a while but I'll get it on Criterion due to the menu on the original Blu-Ray is hard to navigate thru for obvious reasons and also because I love the movie.

4K remasters pls

15/70 print for parasite pls

also they’re adding The Great Escape of which i’ve never seen a truly good quality copy of so i’m fuckin amped

it’s a 4k remaster, and i’m wondering where they’re sourcing the footage from. hopefully they had the OCN’s somewhere

I've never seen The Great Escape so thanks for the heads up

Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 9:27 am
also they’re adding The Great Escape of which i’ve never seen a truly good quality copy of so i’m fuckin amped

it’s a 4k remaster, and i’m wondering where they’re sourcing the footage from. hopefully they had the OCN’s somewhere
Where did you see this? It would be fucking fantastic because the blu-ray is dogshit.

Edit: Nevermind just saw the announcement on Criterion site :twothumbsup: