The Criterion Collection

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A little birdie told me the flash sale might be tomorrow.

Plan on picking up Safe.

Late last night I saw a tweet that talked about new content on Netflix and I saw Safe was on there so I was like "oh cool I'll watch that." I search for it on Netflix and it turns out it's some Netflix original movie and not the Todd Haynes kino. I got bamboozled. So now I really wanna watch this movie.

Might also pick up something from the golden age of Hollywood too since that shit is my weakness.

Got Safe, Magnificent Obsession, and Ace in the Hole.

I swear these sales happen at the most inopportune moments of the year ever.

Bacon wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 7:53 pm
I swear these sales happen at the most inopportune moments of the year ever.
It ends tomorrow 12PM EST so you have time!

Artemis wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:40 pm
Got Safe, Magnificent Obsession, and Ace in the Hole.
Safe is seriously incredible. I remember being blown away the first time I watched it. Todd Haynes knows how to make a movie.

lee kline, technical director at criterion was on the roger deakins podcast talkin shop. if trivia like 'wes anderson doesn't let his DP use power windows in post' gets you going i highly recommend

Master Virgo wrote:
January 23rd, 2022, 12:27 pm
The tracking on my order says it should be here on Tuesday. Wanna come over: Criterion and Chill? ;)

A Borges man wrote:
January 23rd, 2022, 12:50 pm
The tracking on my order says it should be here on Tuesday. Wanna come over: Criterion and Chill? ;)
idk, are we skipping over the sex scenes? Cuz I'm not sure that I share ur views of them being equivalent to pooping scenes.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 23rd, 2022, 4:14 pm
A Borges man wrote:
January 23rd, 2022, 12:50 pm
idk, are we skipping over the sex scenes? Cuz I'm not sure that I share ur views of them being equivalent to pooping scenes.
Never skip a single moment from any film, all is permitted. If we double feature it with SALO we won't have to choose.