Nocturnal Animals (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Aaron Taylor Johnson is the real MVP here. I was shocked by how much chilled me to the very core, considering he left me feeling cold in Godzilla and other schlock.

lol

I'm not going to say I watched this twice.
I'm not going to say I met Amy Adams and thanked her for how amazing this movie was.
I'm not going to say I gave it a 6/5.
I'm not going to say, but here is the proof of it all.

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//noc ... als-review
From the very beginning, you’re engaged into the world of Amy Adam’s character Susan. She is never seemed to be deemed as likable for unknown reasons and it isn’t explained but is up for you to interpret. There is no voiceover narration of the book Susan is reading as the film takes you into her mind watching this story she’s envisioning with her imagination as if we’re watching another movie within this movie you’re already watching. As more symbolic her ex-husband’s story is, not only she becomes paranoid but you start to experience the paranoia with her as the film digs into her past trying to go through the reason why the book feels like a personal threat towards her. As confusing as it sounds, it's relatively easy to follow. It is a psychological thriller that gets in your head as you go on this rollercoaster ride of three different narratives that’s centered in the mind of Susan. Even when she gives vague information why she may feel the book is targeted towards her, you’re desperate to learn more.

What really got to me was the film’s ending. All the build up the film does end with a satisfyingly perfect ending. You know when a film ends with an “open-ended” ending that is left for you to figure out? This film does the same but in the most subtly brilliant way. It is not one of those artsy endings like Birdman but one that is extremely effective. For the revenge story outside of the book we’re presented, has a much more effect than the one in the book we’re presented It never once fumbles the ball with its story at all. Well maybe just for a quick second.

Amy is a gift from gods.

I honestly believe that she might be the most down to earth actress in Hollywood right now. I can only think of a few more that are that normal. And she's gorgeous too. In a natural way. It doesn't hurt that she's a great actress who keeps evolving.

Dude I envy you. :lol: :lol:

shauner111 wrote:I honestly believe that she might be the most down to earth actress in Hollywood right now. I can only think of a few more that are that normal. And she's gorgeous too. In a natural way. It doesn't hurt that she's a great actress who keeps evolving.
All of this. 20+ years in the industry and she hasn't let the fame monster get to her. She's one of my favorite working actresses today and she just keeps on getting better and better.

Rjones, that's an awesome picture of you and Amy! Low key jealous over here lol.

Eh, she does seem pretty desperate for an Oscar based on the amount of campaigning she does year in and year out. Literally on the THR actress round table every year.

And that interferes with her work on-screen exactly how?

Never said it did, I'm fond of her work onscreen outside of American Hustle. I was referring to the "she might be the most down to earth actress in Hollywood right now."