Nocturnal Animals (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
looks great! :clap:

Gyllenhaal, Shannon, Adams, and Ford continue to rise

ATJ continues to sink into the core of the Earth

- Cilstar

Looks great including ATJ.

Allstar wrote:Looks great including ATJ.
This, Hating on ATJ seems to be popular but there's no problem here, on the contrary he gave a proper sicko vibe, no restraints.

Shannon was the MVP for me, but there are plenty of VP's on this team.

BlairCo wrote:Shannon was the MVP for me, but there are plenty of VP's on this team.
Vice Presidents?

oh yes this gon b gud

m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Looks great including ATJ.
This, Hating on ATJ seems to be popular but there's no problem here, on the contrary he gave a proper sicko vibe, no restraints.

caaaaaannnttt waaaaaiiiit

Jake x Hammer x Ford is gonna be great

Will post full thoughts later tonight but dayum, torn between this and Arrival as my favourite of the fest and the year. Everyone is amazing, Shannon MVP and along with ATJ almost stole the entire film with the epic scenery chewing which doesn't feel out of place, Amy is good although Jake only just overshadows her and she is better in Arrival, McGarvey X Ford X whoever did the set and costume design combo da gawd visually, and Abel whatshisface needs more recognition as his score had a classically melodic presence (A Single Man had this too) that is rare in today's films. The way Ford intercut the narrative is fantastic and the re enacted novel part of the story really felt like a page turner book would - he nailed this.

I think that's actually all my thoughts haha. But yeah, may post a more coherent review later.

Oh, and new poster