Nocturnal Animals (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:lol:
Last edited by Dodd on December 10th, 2016, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finally seen this and it's my second favorite film of the year so far behind The Handmaiden.

Tom Ford is on a roll.

Cilogy wrote:
He makes a fair point.
Tbh I get what he's trying to say, and he's kind of right. Too bad quite a few of the comments seemed to misinterpret him as wishing all guys to be buttfucked against their will to understand women :facepalm:

Unrelated but dear god how I want to get all of that sweet makeup from his line all at once lmao. Just to appreciate the colors and the packaging and what not. I've been trying to bathe in Velvet Orchid for the past few years :shifty: I'll see this in a few days

The music is so fucking beautiful. Jerry Goldsmith/Riz Ortolani level. And McGarvey's photography is on fucking point. This entire thing reminded me of Vertigo.

So stylish, dramatic, thrilling, emotional, precise, haunting... and I can go on and on. This movie really impressed me a lot. I hope it gets a couple of nods. It's deserving.

Tom Ford with 2 great works. I hope he's going to continue to make movies and grow even more.

Last edited by RIFA on December 11th, 2016, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruth wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
He makes a fair point.
Tbh I get what he's trying to say, and he's kind of right. Too bad quite a few of the comments seemed to misinterpret him as wishing all guys to be buttfucked against their will to understand women :facepalm:

Unrelated but dear god how I want to get all of that sweet makeup from his line all at once lmao. Just to appreciate the colors and the packaging and what not. I've been trying to bathe in Velvet Orchid for the past few years :shifty: I'll see this in a few days
At the same time I think he's sort of unintentionally implying that men don't feel vulnerable, and therefore need to experience what many women do in order to feel it. Though, I understood what he said to mean that homophobia sort of specifically stems from a male fear of penetration.

I mean, this is true in principle about virtually everything; you don't really know what something is like until you've experienced it first hand.