Nocturnal Animals (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:it's not a big deal.

Yet you got triggered by it.

Another perfect example of your hypocrisy. Nothing to do with current topic but you know no other ways to carry a conversation when accused of acting shitty. Instead of accepting that you probably made a mistake you go all uber-defense mode and bring up shit that's not even relevant to your case. :lol:
Allstar wrote:At least I don't think Gal Gadot got cast as Wonder Woman because she banged Snyder.
:facepalm: I'm gonna make a counter for every time you come at me with the Gadot thing. You're hilarious bruh. Keep going. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Allstar wrote:Paparazzi and her daughter every single time. It's really awkward and has nothing to do with what anyone's talking about and she tries to force it down others throats to agree with her about it. It's not a big deal.
She tries to make them agree with her? Hahaha riiight.

akv1984 wrote:
Nomis wrote:Question about the flashbacks:
Adams, Gyllenhaal and Hammer really did look younger in those. Especially Gyllenhaal. Just make-up work or did they make them look slightly older in the present scenes?
I think it was makeup. With Adams, I feel like they used certain makeup primers that blurs your wrinkles and makes the skin look softer. It was a more toned down Korean makeup.
I think it has to be make-up, CGI would be very noticeable and distracting. Great use of make-up, they looked very convincing. It could also be that they used make-up to make them appear slightly older in the present scenes as well. Hammer had quite dark eyes, to emphasize that he was tired and all, Gyllenhaal looked rugged in the novel scenes but mostly because of dirt and Adams had quite heavy make-up on, which looked great on her btw.

Nomis wrote:
I think it has to be make-up, CGI would be very noticeable and distracting. Great use of make-up, they looked very convincing. It could also be that they used make-up to make them appear slightly older in the present scenes as well. Hammer had quite dark eyes, to emphasize that he was tired and all, Gyllenhaal looked rugged in the novel scenes but mostly because of dirt and Adams had quite heavy make-up on, which looked great on her btw.
I liked the heavy makeup on Adams too! She had really cool makeup looks and they were very edgy and on trend. I liked the end scene where before she meets Edward, she takes off her dark lipstick. I saw it as going back to her old self and wanting to show Edward that in some regards, she is still the same woman he fell in love with. It was pretty symbolic.

Indeed. I also loved her hair in this film, the way it just hanged (hung? lol) over her face. It was also more regular in the flashback scenes. I love how much they can show how someone has changed just by hair, make-up and wardrobe.

Nocturnal Animals

Started off a little meh, but it turned out to be pretty profoundly moving and unsettling.

Ford's dialogue is a little "on the sleeve", I thought. I feel like he spells out a lot of things that would best have remained subtle or hinted at. But he's clearly developing a knack for compelling drama.

Gyllenhaal and Shannon were the MVPs. Really not a single bad performance in the bunch, even ATJ was impressive.

Definitely in my top films for the year.

Cilogy wrote:Nocturnal Animals

Started off a little meh, but it turned out to be pretty profoundly moving and unsettling.

Ford's dialogue is a little "on the sleeve", I thought. I feel like he spells out a lot of things that would best have remained subtle or hinted at. But he's clearly developing a knack for compelling drama.

Gyllenhaal and Shannon were the MVPs. Really not a single bad performance in the bunch, even ATJ was impressive.

my fav of the year thus far

It'll definitely land in my top 10 of this year

Dodd wrote:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5845c ... b313989a35

Thoughts?

Allstar wrote:
Dodd wrote:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5845c ... b313989a35

Thoughts?
wtf dude