Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

James Gunn

Phew. After 48 days straight without a day off, the the first draft of #GotG2 is done. I'm sorry to all my friends and family who I have ignored.
And in an interview promoting Jurassic World (which might actually be good), Chris Pratt was already privy to what lies in those pages as he told Digital Spy:

“I know some of the songs that are going to be on Awesome Mix 2. All I can tell you, because I obviously, I’m not allowed to tell anybody anything, nor would I want to, because it would be a little bit like telling a kid what’s under the tree before Christmas morning. I would encourage people not to poke holes in the paper and peek. Allow yourself the Christmas morning. Don’t ruin it.

I will say that his pitch and his idea legitimately put tears in my eyes. It is so good, it’s so good. And I cannot wait to get started on it and I cannot wait for people to see what he’s going to pull off with the second movie. It’s so, so big and so good. From what I understand, they were like, heard it at Marvel and they said nothing. They’re like, ‘perfect.’ There was no micromanaging of the idea, they just love it so much they didn’t even have a note for it. It’s going to be remarkable. “
http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians2-script/

However, while Steve was speaking with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige during the press day for Ant-Man, Feige was explaining the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 shooting schedule when he potentially let slip the title of the highly anticipated sequel:
“We start shooting Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 in February-March 2016.”
http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-ga ... ium=social

That's fucking amazing.
I can't believe the soundtrack sold so well they actually named the sequel after it.

Gunn confirmed GOTG Volume 2

So far the only good sequel was Captain America: The Winter Soldier so I'm cautious with my expectations here.

Surely it cant be as obnoxiously unfunny as the first one....right?

ChristNolan wrote:Surely it cant be as obnoxiously unfunny as the first one....right?
I found it funny the first time I watched it.

The second time pretty much every joke fell flat for me.