Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I don't really care if this movie has a traditional plot or not that strong of one. What I liked so much about the first movie is how fun and entertaining the characters were and the dynamic between them, this one sounds like an improvement in that department (Yondu, Nebula) so I'm really excited. Also sounds like it is the most visually pleasing MCU outing yet.

If that's what you're hoping, that is exactly what you're going to get. For me, the visual effects were out of place for the first 30 minutes, but then I didn't have any problems for the rest of the movie. I just wished they introduced the plot earlier in the movie instead of the third act, but I reckon I had just as much fun with this movie than I did with the first movie.

BlairCo wrote:If that's what you're hoping, that is exactly what you're going to get.
Well that and the characters having good arcs with emotion, not just fun and entertaining. But the consensus seems to be it satisfies in that regard and with spades in some cases.

I was disappointed this Easter Egg was cut from the movie.

Bacon wrote:Prediction: > or = 90% on RT. Movie is more of the same in the best kind of way, but lacks anything specifically new or gripping.

Can't get too excited for it but I will without a doubt be seeing this in theatres with a smile on my face.

Accidnetally saw one big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
So, SO glad they finally did that as the explanation.
It actually makes sense across all the other films and is basically in character for him across ALL of it.
Last edited by SilverHeart on April 25th, 2017, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

This was a blast.
8/10

SilverHeart wrote:One big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
It actually makes sense across all the other films and is basically in character for him across ALL of it.
I've seen the movie and I have no idea what you're talking about.

BlairCo wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:One big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
I've seen the movie and I have no idea what you're talking about.
I didn't catch it at first either when watching but - this is about Stan Lee and his cameos.

It's at 86% with 65 reviews.

We should be concerned because Jeremy Jahns did not like it though.