Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 42618
Joined: May 2010
I don't really care if this movie has a traditional plot or not that strong of one. What I liked so much about the first movie is how fun and entertaining the characters were and the dynamic between them, this one sounds like an improvement in that department (Yondu, Nebula) so I'm really excited. Also sounds like it is the most visually pleasing MCU outing yet.

User avatar
Posts: 19803
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
If that's what you're hoping, that is exactly what you're going to get. For me, the visual effects were out of place for the first 30 minutes, but then I didn't have any problems for the rest of the movie. I just wished they introduced the plot earlier in the movie instead of the third act, but I reckon I had just as much fun with this movie than I did with the first movie.

User avatar
Posts: 42618
Joined: May 2010
BlairCo wrote:If that's what you're hoping, that is exactly what you're going to get.
Well that and the characters having good arcs with emotion, not just fun and entertaining. But the consensus seems to be it satisfies in that regard and with spades in some cases.

User avatar
Posts: 19803
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
I was disappointed this Easter Egg was cut from the movie.
Image

User avatar
Posts: 25996
Joined: June 2011
Bacon wrote:Prediction: > or = 90% on RT. Movie is more of the same in the best kind of way, but lacks anything specifically new or gripping.

Can't get too excited for it but I will without a doubt be seeing this in theatres with a smile on my face.

User avatar
Posts: 16716
Joined: March 2012
Accidnetally saw one big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
So, SO glad they finally did that as the explanation.
It actually makes sense across all the other films and is basically in character for him across ALL of it.
Last edited by SilverHeart on April 25th, 2017, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 502
Joined: November 2014
Location: Somewhere, in their fifth dimension...
This was a blast.
8/10

User avatar
Posts: 19803
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
SilverHeart wrote:One big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
So, SO glad they finally did that as the explanation.
It actually makes sense across all the other films and is basically in character for him across ALL of it.
I've seen the movie and I have no idea what you're talking about.

User avatar
Posts: 9114
Joined: December 2011
BlairCo wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:One big non-but-technically-a-spoiler of one of the end credits. In incredibly vague terms so not even to give that away:
So, SO glad they finally did that as the explanation.
It actually makes sense across all the other films and is basically in character for him across ALL of it.
I've seen the movie and I have no idea what you're talking about.
I didn't catch it at first either when watching but - this is about Stan Lee and his cameos.

User avatar
Posts: 42618
Joined: May 2010
It's at 86% with 65 reviews.

We should be concerned because Jeremy Jahns did not like it though.

Post Reply