Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Awesome movie

This is about to hit a billion. What a time to be alive.

It's becoming very clear that WB needs to put James Wan in the driver's seat for the future of the DCEU, and they need to include Patty Jenkins on the team as well.

Wan and Jenkins are more than capable of tackling other characters, and even doing a Justice League film.

Now that they've pretty much axed David Ayer and Zack Snyder, the DCEU needs some better heavy-hitters.

James Wan, in my opinion, is on his way to becoming a mega director like Spielberg or Nolan.

This movie was shit in every way possible. I've lost complete faith in GA at this point, Aquaman should never have made this much money. It's not as garbage as Justice League, but it sure ain't far from it.

Haven't seen this, but is it that successfully simply because of the apparently crazy amount of CGI?

Perhaps it's Transformers syndrome, where the movie was made for China.

Well, it did gross like over $250 million in China.

DCEU, year after year now, is making me actively seek out new Marvel comics, instead of going back to DC worlds. I know it’s unfair since they have dozens of great comics right now, but I just can’t bring myself to read something that will retroactively bring back memories of these godawful movies. So I’m sticking to Batman.🕷️

I liked this movie. Sure, I saw it in IMAX 3D. Sure, I saw it drunk and high. But it was fun.

This is the first time a WB movie makes it into top five highest grossing movies of the year, since the end of The Hobbit trilogy.

I suspect that Disney will repeat their own feat in 2016 and occupy all five places this year as well. And then maybe they'll have enough money to swallow whatever is left in this world.£

Master Virgo wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 4:27 am
This is the first time a WB movie makes it into top five highest grossing movies of the year, since the end of The Hobbit trilogy.

I suspect that Disney will repeat their own feat in 2016 and occupy all five places this year as well. And then maybe they'll have enough money to swallow whatever is left in this world.£
Kind of shocked this of all DCEU movies is the one that made a billion.

Master Virgo wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 4:27 am

Well good for WB