Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
December 11th, 2018, 4:12 am
I don't think these numbers tell us a lot about Aquaman's quality but rather about the Chinese release schedule. Usually, they get stuff waaaaay after the rest of the world when they can already get a quality screener online. Now they got it earlier and I think that's what they're supporting.

I think more studios should prioritize giving the Chinese their films a lot faster since Aquaman's Chinese BO will most likely outgross the US one.
agree to disagree. popularity in china is my sole barometer of quality

Who else is seeing this tomorrow?

^ Definitely not expecting that.

Forum Pro
Law
thats real?

Law wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 11:29 am
thats real?
yup

Artemis wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 8:35 am
Leaked scene. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled

https://gfycat.com/softhomelydogwoodtwigborer
Would've cut-it as soon as the woman hit the bookcase and fell but they had to continue it didn't they. :lol:
Stupidly drawn out and not remotely funny.

Had too much fun with this. The popcorniest popcorn that 2018 has ever popcorned. See it in 4DX, accept no substitutes.

Really thought this fully leans into the ridiculousness and the tropes combines it with inspired casting and absolutely mesmerising worldbuilding (lol Mortal Engines, you tried) and production design for the popcorniest film of 2018. Is it gonna be as all round memorable as, say, Wonder Woman? No, probably not. But I don't think they're necessarily going for that. It absolutely has zero 'aspirations' for being more than a movie like this aims to be and Wan fires all cylinders 100% at achieving that.

antovolk wrote:
December 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm
Had too much fun with this. The popcorniest popcorn that 2018 has ever popcorned. See it in 4DX, accept no substitutes.

Really thought this fully leans into the ridiculousness and the tropes combines it with inspired casting and absolutely mesmerising worldbuilding (lol Mortal Engines, you tried) and production design for the popcorniest film of 2018. Is it gonna be as all round memorable as, say, Wonder Woman? No, probably not. But I don't think they're necessarily going for that. It absolutely has zero 'aspirations' for being more than a movie like this aims to be and Wan fires all cylinders 100% at achieving that.
That's awesome to hear man! Glad you had fun with this. I'm seeing it Saturday!