Aquaman (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I only really know of him from the Timmverse. Thought he was pretty cool there.

ArmandFancypants wrote:I only really know of him from the Timmverse. Thought he was pretty cool there.
Everything was cool there.

didich wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I only really know of him from the Timmverse. Thought he was pretty cool there.
True true. A DC universe in that vein on the big screen would be magic. The individual parts are so much more intriguing than their Marvel counterparts for my money.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
didich wrote:
True true. A DC universe in that vein on the big screen would be magic. The individual parts are so much more intriguing than their Marvel counterparts for my money.
They truly produced a fantastic take of these characters. It was smart and able to ask clever and subversive questions, but never forgot what makes the genre work in the first place. In the Timmverse you could have burden (like in the Cadmus arc) and yet the characters didn't have to lose their romantic and idealistic side for the sake of easy drama. In fact the DCEU biggest mistake is that, by avoiding most notions of optimism or levity, centering themselves on how much would it suck to be these people or how bad they'd be for the world at large, hoping to achive some kind of intelectual maturity, they made Superman and Batman (and the rest) emotionally two-dimensional, unable to feel like real people could.

Borys Kit @Borys_Kit
Excl: THE FLASH loses its director as Seth Grahame-Smith departs over "creative differences" http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... tor-888994

devin faraci ‏@devincf
BTW this is just the first of many BvS aftershocks.

devin faraci ‏@devincf 17m17 minutes ago
Keep your eyes on Atlantis. I'm hearing that's the next aftershock.

Yes please. Wan needs to stay away from this.£

It'd suck ass if Wan left. He's very talented, and sure a horror director is a weird pick for Aquaman, but Wan's definitely very creative.

SilverHeart wrote:It'd suck ass if Wan left. He's very talented, and sure a horror director is a weird pick for Aquaman, but Wan's definitely very creative.
I think you're forgetting he directed Furious Seven.

Allstar wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:It'd suck ass if Wan left. He's very talented, and sure a horror director is a weird pick for Aquaman, but Wan's definitely very creative.
But, but it's fresh on RT!

:lol:

Nomis wrote:
Allstar wrote:
But, but it's fresh on RT!

:lol:
He means that he's not weird for an action film.£