Neil Blomkamp's Alien Sequel

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For me it really depends on whether or not I agree with the filmmaker. Not exactly trashing but these two are pretty much on point:
Mendes on American Beauty: "It was a little overpraised at the time."
Fincher on The Social Network: "I didn't really agree with the critics’ praise. It interested me that Social Network was about friendships that dissolved through this thing that promised friendships, but I didn't think we were ripping the lid off anything. The movie is true to a time and a kind of person, but I was never trying to turn a mirror on a generation.”

By his reckoning, Fight Club and, especially, Zodiac (neither of which were box office successes) are films, while The Social Network (which is a box office smash—close to $100 million in America alone) is simply a movie.

“It’s a little glib to be a film, Let’s hope we strove to get at something interesting, but Social Network is not earth-shattering. Zodiac was about murders that changed America. After the Zodiac killings in California, the Summer of Love was over. Suddenly, there was no more weed or pussy. People were hog-tied and died. No one died during the creation of Facebook. By my estimation, the person who made out the worst in the creation of Facebook still made more than 30 million dollars. And no one was killed.”"
On the other hand Burton constantly mentioning his disappointment with Batman Returns or Fincher's himself distaste towards Alien³ truly baffle me.£

Never heard that Fincher quote before but I agree with it.

I'm very interested by this. But I'd like to know who is writing.

Red Hood wrote:I'm very interested by this. But I'd like to know who is writing.
"You rang?"

And Lance Henriksen would like to return for this movie as well. He has a whole "#BringBackBishop" campaign on his Facebook page.

Red Hood wrote:I'm very interested by this.
I'd be shocked if you weren't, you're the biggest Blomkamp fanbot on this site. :lol: ;)

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Red Hood wrote:I'm very interested by this.
I'd be shocked if you weren't, you're the biggest Blomkamp fanbot on this site. :lol: ;)
*Was. I'm pretty skeptical towards Chappie and now I think Elysium was okay at best.

Huh? That's weird, but... okay I guess

EDIT..... Actually the article doesn't really say that if you read it. It's horribly worded, but it seems like he's just saying he just wants a movie connected to the first 2 but he isn't going to totally retcon A3 and A4. It's kind of vague what he is going to do but I think he's just going to ignore them without actually "retconing" or undoing them.

Master Virgo wrote:For me it really depends on whether or not I agree with the filmmaker.
So... you only want an opinion expressed if you agree with it.