Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
It's an interesting list of filmmakers, and one which makes a lot of sense given the fact that they're planning a reboot which will be a "coming of age tale" with a tone similar to "John Hughes humor and emotion."
Only John Hughes can do John Hughes.

And he's dead.
what about pretty in pink or home alone

I'd love to see Mysterio, Kraven, Venom and Carnage being villains in one of the future Spidey films. Oh and the thread title could use "Astonishing" as well lol.

Boring choice is boring.

Boo

UPDATE: Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter has tweeted that Butterfield may not have landed the role... yet. Butterfield, along with a few others, were expected to test for Spider-Man this week, but as far as he knows, there is no offer on the table. However, Kit does confirm that many are rooting for Asa to eventually land the coveted role. Justin Kroll of Variety corroborated Kit's information and also tweeted that Butterfield has tested, but Marvel is still in the process of testing other actors. He also adds that while Asa is very high on the list, the studio is also very fond of Tom Holland.
Tom Holland would be my choice.

Holland would be a much more exciting choice.

So nobody liked him in Hugo and Ender's Game? I did, and he'd make a fine Parker - skinny teenager with acting chops who looks the part.

m4st4 wrote:So nobody liked him in Hugo and Ender's Game? I did, and he'd make a fine Parker - skinny teenager with acting chops who looks the part.
I like Butterfield, but I just think Holland would be the better, less obvious choice.