Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:I think this is a fluff talk to be honest. Marvel will tell Sony what to do cause
the two studios will also be working to integrate other characters from the MCU into the future Spider-Man films.
If Marvel thinks that Sony's direction is bad, they'll not allow, say Iron Man or Hulk to show up in Spidey film. Sony stands to gain, but they also stand to lose.
Depends what the line of the contract will say.

You can see it this way: Sony needs to behave if it wants to have other Marvel characters in their (because it theirs still) Spider-Man movie

Or, this way: as part of the deal you bringing Spidey to our universe, and for the sake of continuity/shared universe, we will put some of ours in your movie.

Neither Sony or Marvel are kind of flexible when in comes to their property, and if their vision clashes things will not go as smoothly as these articles sound to be.

I think this might be a publicity stunt for both studios. Marvel adds Spidey to their universe (but the movie isn't theirs - remember Spider-Man in 2007 will be a standalone movie, still a Sony made one in the Marvel Universe) and Sony will take part of that success that is Marvel right now (and get on the good side of fans). So basically you'll have Spidey pop up in some Marvel movies (shaking hands and winking to the fans :P), and the movie Spider-Man will have "it takes place in the MCU" stamp on it. Might be more than that but right now this is how I see it.

Spider-Man is a cash cow and Sony isn't stupid to let it fall in Marvel's hands. They will put their control on it. This is, from Sony's part, an attempt to wash up what they've done before, get on the good side of the fans, and most importantly, get hold of that good delicious money making pie that is Marvel right now.

And what will happen to Sininster Six, their hope for a universe/franchise of their own? Sony knows it has to build something out of Spidey if they want to stay in the game. If it's a big event in the Spider-Man universe (like Sinister Six popping out for example) than this has to have an effect in the MCU now. Sony can do something like that because they have creative control. That's what I said in my previous post.

Yup, Sony wins for now.

Marvel has little to gain. I see this hurting them in the long run.

Andrew Garfield... :(

I recently watched all Spideys and he was the best one (along with Emma) in flawed movies... Spider-Man 2 remains my favorite after all, but damn did I like his interactions with Gwen in both TASM and TASM 2 - chemistry is obvious and palpable.

m4st4 wrote:I recently watched all Spideys and he was the best one (along with Emma) in flawed movies... Spider-Man 2 remains my favorite after all, but damn did I like his interactions with Gwen in both TASM and TASM 2 - chemistry is obvious and palpable.
Those movies are trash and his Spidey was boring.

ChristNolan wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I recently watched all Spideys and he was the best one (along with Emma) in flawed movies... Spider-Man 2 remains my favorite after all, but damn did I like his interactions with Gwen in both TASM and TASM 2 - chemistry is obvious and palpable.
My opinion against yours, that's how it works.

m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
My opinion against yours, that's how it works.
You don't have very good taste, step it up.

ChristNolan wrote:You don't have very good taste, step it up.
My taste is not the problem, your way of communication is.

m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:You don't have very good taste, step it up.
My taste is not the problem, your way of communication is.
You thinking those films are good are indicative of your taste.