Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Half-skinny. :D

Oh man, the Japanese promo campaign is on their fucking A-game.

I read somewhere that Uncle Ben isn't even mentioned in this? lolwat? That can't be true

So, have you seen the mov-... nvm.

Nomis wrote:I read somewhere that Uncle Ben isn't even mentioned in this? lolwat? That can't be true
This is true and why are you posting here if you haven't seen the film

Nomis wrote:I read somewhere that Uncle Ben isn't even mentioned in this? lolwat? That can't be true
It is but who cares?!

Not by name, no he isn't.

It is very subtlety referred to when Peter is trying to tell Ned to not tell Aunt May that he is Spider-Man because "she's already been through a lot" or something like that.

Hot Aunt May and the robot voice in the Spidey suit are the worst things about this movie.

Bacon wrote:Hot Aunt May and the robot voice in the Spidey suit are the worst things about this movie.
Hot Aunt May? Yeah, I'll give you that. It would have been fine if it was just that guy in the store who was ogling over Aunt May because it made for some nice dialogue between him and Peter, but it became a misogynistic gag that made my eyes rolled from cringing instead of my belly aching from laughing.

I had no problem with the Stark-erisation of the suit. It was a good substitute for the Spidey-senses and gave Peter somebody to talk to while he was solving the whole mystery instead of communicating his thoughts to himself.