The End of the Tour (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Plot-
A magazine reporter recounts his travels and conversations with author David Foster Wallace during a promotional book tour.
Directed by James Ponsoldt (Smashed and The Spectacular Now) and starring Jason Segel and Jesse Eisenberg
Stuart Oldham @s_oldham
Pretty sure everyone at Eccles wanted to hug Jason Segel, such an endearing performance #EndOfTheTour #Sundance

Adam Chitwood ‏@adamchitwood
Segel really is something as David Foster Wallace. A complex performance, but also incredibly endearing.

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
Can't say enough about the 2 lead performances. I CANNOT WAIT to see Jesse's take on Lex Luthor. He's a fascinating actor.

ThePlaylist ‏@ThePlaylist
End Of The Tour: career best performance by Jason Segel. Intimate, soul-barring & truly winning. Will be a big stand out hit, deservedly so

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
I haven't read a word of David Foster Wallace, but I thought THE END OF THE TOUR was brilliant. Jason Segel has never been better. Loved it.

Anne Thompson @akstanwyck
Jason Segal gives brilliant awards worthy performance as David Foster Wallace in daringly talky road movie The End of the Tour. #sundance

Jack Giroux @JackGi
Jason Segel is really terrific in The End of the Tour. A surprisingly moving performance. #Sundance

Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier
The End of the Tour is wonderful. Jason Segel’s career-changing performance as DFW is just one of many superlatives to call out. #sundance

Loved both Smashed and Spectacular Now, Ponsoldt is a promising director. This sounds like another good one.

Loved Spectacular Now and very excited after reading the reviews.

Smashed was killer. Winstead deserved a best actress nom.

I've only read some of David Foster Wallace's essays, but I really wanna start Infinite Jest soon. Great writer.

Also I love it when comedic actors do serious roles so I'm in.

Segel is my most anticipated performance of the year.
Sky007 wrote:Smashed was killer. Winstead deserved a best actress nom.
:thumbup:

trailer is aight but hopefully the movie is great so fingers crossed

Panapaok wrote:
ImageImageImage

Segel looks incredible, Eisenberg fantastic as well. James Ponsoldt is the real deal.