2015 Tennis Thread (ATP/WTA/ITF)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Federer was unbeatable today :clap:

Really hope he wins the final.

I'm rooting for Federer.

This could really be another classic like last year's final. And there is reason to believe that Federer is playing even better, so this could be even closer. Would be amazing if Federer can pull it off somehow - it would be his 8th Wimbledon and 18th Grand Slam.

Djokovic is the finest returner in the world, so Federer cannot afford to have an off day with his serve. It's been fantastic throughout the tournament but Novak's world-class retrieving will be the sternest test.

If Roger can play like he did in the semifinal vs Andy Murray, then he should win. But can he is the question. Almost 34 years old now, while he can still reach the dazzling heights of his prime, he's found it difficult to replicate that on a day to day basis. So you never know what can happen. Heart says Federer in 4 sets, head says Djokovic in 5.

Congratulations to Serena btw - what she has done over the past 12 months is incredible. 4 Slams in a row at the age of 33. Jawdropping stuff.

Ah well, guess it was not meant to be. Djokovic was just too good in every department of the game, be it his amazing returns or his big serves at crucial moments. Crushed that Roger couldn't win, but glad that he's still playing so well and injury-free - seriously, being ranked 2 in the world at the age of 34 is nothing short of incredible. He just has to keep making these semis and finals and sooner or later, Lady Luck will shine on him once more.

Dammit.

I'm done.

Murray wins in Montreal to end drought against Djokovic
"Everybody wants me and Novak to dislike each other and people always try to stir things up between us," Murray said.

"It's impossible to be extremely close when we're playing in these sorts of matches because it's so mentally challenging and physically demanding and you need to try to still have that competitive edge as WELL.

"But it's not easy, not only because we get on but because he's bloody good, he's number one in the world and he hasn't lost in a Masters Series this year. To win against him is extremely tough."

£

This was such an amazing match. Andy had lost 8 straight matches to Novak, so it was really inspiring how he just dug in refused to give up. Incredible level of tennis - in the third set, there was this game which went on for nearly twenty minutes. Novak had like 6 or 7 break points and Andy was so clutch at saving all of them. A worthy champ and now a worthy #2 as well.

And yeah, this definitely makes the US Open more interesting. While Roger will always be my first choice, I would be pretty happy with a Murray win as well. After all the struggle he's been through since his back injury, this would be worth it.

There goes the final chance to win a grand slam in 2015 for Murray. Although even if it seems that I should be disappointed with his performance this year, I'm actually not. The guy was really tough to beat for Djokovic in their grand slam encounters in what was arguably the best year in the Serbian's career and he did actually manage to finally beat his ass after two years. Not to mention destroying Nadal in clay for the first fucking time.

Overall an improvement over the abysmal 2014. He needs to improve a lot more for the next year but as a fan I had my share of satisfactions throughout this year.£

What a game!£