La La Land (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah... they're kinda great together in Crazy Stupid Love and Gangster Squad is an unmitigated disaster anyway, so not sure what the issue is.

Rogers/Astaire it aint.

I actually like Stone better than Watson, but I was kinda hoping to see Teller in this.. him and Stone could've been great, too.

I don't think Stone is a downgrade from Watson. They are on the same level as actresses. If you like Watson more than Stone as a woman I see the downgrade but as actresses I don't see it.

Personally I like Stone more, but they are the same to me as actresses.
Last edited by JohnConstantine on April 15th, 2015, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnConstantine wrote:I don't think Stone is a downgrade from Watson. They are on the same level as actresses. If you like Watson more that Stone as a woman I see the downgrade but as actresses I don't see it.

Personally I like Stone more, but they are the same to me as actresses.
I actually think Stone is a better actress than Watson. And much more charismatic.

I just plainly don't like Stone, with the Gos or not.

-Vader

Ruth wrote:I actually think Stone is a better actress than Watson. And much more charismatic.
I'd say that is debatable and not actually a fair comparison since Watson has only had a few roles outside Potter with none of them being the lead.

At least with Watson in Noah and Perks (spotty American accent and all) she does not rely on a shtick like Stone does. And quite frankly her shtick is getting old, for me anyway.

Allstar wrote:
Ruth wrote:I actually think Stone is a better actress than Watson. And much more charismatic.
I'd say that is debatable and not actually a fair comparison since Watson has only had a few roles outside Potter with none of them being the lead.

At least with Watson in Noah and Perks (spotty American accent and all) she does not rely on a shtick like Stone does. And quite frankly her shtick is getting old, for me anyway.
Same for me, although she was pretty decent in Birdman. Would have much preferred Watson in this.

Teller leaving bothers me a lot more than Watson.

I just saw Miles Teller in a Damien Chazelle film where he was a jazz drummer trying to make it. It's done, i want to see another actor playing a jazz pianist, trying to make it. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone gets me more excited.

Damien Chazelle's post-WHIPLASH movie, LA LA LAND, to star Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, will open July 15, 2016.