Netflix's Black Mirror

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
It's pretty heavy yeah, haunts you for days. And then there's 'White bear'.

Forum Pro

Forum Pro

White Christmas broke me yo.

:clap: :clap:

Forum Pro
White Christmas is Inception meets Mad Men.

S1, 2 and White Xmas are up on Netflix UK.

well I finished it all

Christmas episode fucked me up real good

this show is a perfect representation of how I view our world currently

fuck

Forum Pro
Cilogy wrote:well I finished it all

Christmas episode fucked me up real good

this show is a perfect representation of how I view our world currently

fuck
It's so depressing because it's so true.

Forum Pro

Well fuck.

Black Mirror Season 3 - Episodes [not even Charlie Brooker knows the proper episode order - they haven't decided on one yet]

Nosedive - Wright & McGarvey doing gawd-level work here, visually stunning and probably best directed and most unique episode of the show. Most importantly, refreshing change of tone, from relentless depression to something a bit lighter and whimsical almost but still keeping the classic Black Mirror cynicism. Dallas Howard turns in a really great performance here, she carries the entire thing on her shoulders super well, supporting cast were pretty good too if a touch too cliche (looking at you Alice Eve).

San Junipero - also visually beautiful like Nosedive (dat 2:1 AR though) and actually, surprisingly, doesn't feel like Black Mirror at all except for the technological aspect, surprisingly un-cynical and even close to a tear-jerker. Really glad Brooker is playing around with the tones this season. The chemistry between Davis and Mbatha-Raw really carries this episode, and this and Nosedive really feel cinematic which is really great.

Shut Up And Dance - complete 180 from the previous two, it's Black Mirror at its most classic and trollish. No hi-tech futurustic yet cynical technology here, and Brooker delivers probably the most unsettling episode of the show, possibly even the tensest hour of television I've seen. Also - Radiohead. Less you know about this one the better tbh, that applies to the others too.

More general notes - glad that Netflix's budget/episode orders are letting Brooker take this into different directions, story-wise and visually/tonally/stlylistically but without losing the core premise - and the 3 eps are a great mixture of all of that and what people love this show for (the absolute wtf/disturbia of it). Also, Brooker is a fucking riot during Q&As, not as much as McDonagh who just simply doesn't give a shit though but hilarious guy. Bring on the rest of the season.

P.S. Trailer soooooon https://twitter.com/blackmirror/status/ ... 6693090304