88th Academy Awards

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote: this is post is regressive and stupid

move along
LOL at this pretentious moron.
Go find a way back into your mom's cunt. That would be PROgressive and not stupid for you.

Ban incoming

ChristNolan wrote:Ban incoming
You are such an instigator. You get on my damn nerves. Like one of those little kids cheering on two people fighting but can't fight a lick themselves.

Please I reported his ass. He had it coming. If you don't want that kind of response don't say someone's post is regressive and stupid when in fact his post had nothing except a ridiculous insult. If you disagree make a point which he clearly can't not an insult.

Allstar wrote:Why is all the outrage made just about black actors? Where is all the outrage about no Hispanic, Asian, Indian actors ect. nominated?
Seriously. But hey, I guess it all relates to Americentrism and how you can still "classify" people as either white or "POC". This isn't meant to be rude towards you, but that's something I've seen a lot on the Internet lately. My thoughts. Also LOL for the use of Hispanic, it reminds me of a discussion about that word somewhere else :lol:
seriously, I've never understood why the use of PoC, it's simplistic and borderline stupid.
DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:Why is all the outrage made just about black actors? Where is all the outrage about no Hispanic, Asian, Indian actors ect. nominated?
Maybe they aren't butt hurt about not getting nominated?
This also speaks volumes about the people bitching about it also.

Baniac wrote:I have a question for future "minority" nominees after this latest bullshit: When you do get nominated, will you not wonder if you were nominated for your performance or your ethnicity?

Talk about tainting things.
Exactly.
They'll always have to wonder it they were nominated just because.
I can't believe I fucking read this. :facepalm:

bootsy wrote:
You are such an instigator. You get on my damn nerves. Like one of those little kids cheering on two people fighting but can't fight a lick themselves.

Please I reported his ass. He had it coming. If you don't want that kind of response don't say someone's post is regressive and stupid when in fact his post had nothing except a ridiculous insult. If you disagree make a point which he clearly can't not an insult.
I don't see what did he do this time? Usually ChristNolan is irritating but now? I understand that you're mad against the other dude, and rightfully so, but being awful to everybody else doesn't help you.

My two cents: The Academy has a lot of blame to take, but it's also a reflection on the status of the industry.

Oh, fuck it, Helter Skelter.

theseeker9175 wrote: I don't see what did he do this time? Usually ChristNolan is irritating but now? I understand that you're mad against the other dude, and rightfully so, but being awful to everybody else doesn't help.

My two cents: The Academy has a lot of blame to take, but it's also a reflection on the status of the industry.

Calling for someone else's banning is bitch move.

bootsy wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote: I don't see what did he do this time? Usually ChristNolan is irritating but now? I understand that you're mad against the other dude, and rightfully so, but being awful to everybody else doesn't help.

Calling for someone else's banning is bitch move.
No and yes.

The reaction of all of those people towards the controversy is frown-worthy (to say the least) and they need to be call-out, but lowering the level of the conversation to their level with words like cunt doesn't help.

Look, ChristNolan, in many times, is baiting and trolling people, but I don't see the problem this time since some measures must be taken with people like that (Michael555 dude or whatever), but again, there's no need to act as a jerk like them.

Besides, calling someone else's banning is actually common in web forums when there are ban-worthy posts, not just bitch move.

You know what we need

bootsy wrote:

:lol: :clap:

this guys great

bootsy wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote: this is post is regressive and stupid

move along
LOL at this pretentious moron.
Go find a way back into your mom's cunt. That would be PROgressive and not stupid for you.
just got a PM from this guy telling me to fuck off and eat a dick so there's that

i'm sorry i think chalking up every thing to racism and comparing Oscar nominations to real life shootings is stupid and just moves society backwards but that's the way it is

I think it's personal for bootsy so I wouldn't judge him too harshly.