James Bond Official Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I was thinking that all the 'types' of Bond have been done. Then realised they haven't done the young, softboi Bond. It may seem crazy, but if he bulked up a little Timmy could make a good Bond. He would have a similar vibe as R-Patz as Batman

Consider Denis Villeneuve very much interested. The “Dune” and “Blade Runner 2049” filmmaker was asked this week by MTV’s “Happy Sad Confused” podcast if Bond was still on his directing wish list, to which Villeneuve responded, “Frankly, the answer would be a massive yes.”

“I would deeply love one day to make a James Bond movie,” Villeneuve said. “It’s a character that I’ve been with since my childhood. I have massive affection for Bond. It would be a big challenge to try and reboot it after what Daniel did. What Daniel Craig brought to Bond was so unique and strong and honestly unmatchable. He’s the ultimate James Bond. I can’t wait to see Cary’s movie. I’m very excited. I’m one of the biggest Bond fans.”

Villeneuve said, “I don’t know if such a thing would happen, but it would be a privilege. That would be pure cinematic joy.”
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/denis ... 234670297/

Just seen QoS for the first time, which was the only one I'd never seen.
The pacing is bad, the editing is not good, and it overall lacks the class the franchise usually has. It references the franchise but doesn't bring the usual scenes that give the franchise its distinctive feel.

However, I quite enjoyed a lot of it. There's a real emotional core about vengeance, but I mostly enjoyed how it just constantly criticized capitalism, governments, and all the powerful people, and showed a world where the powerful cut the cake among them, while the poor starve.
Reminded me of Horowitz' Alex Rider.

Ready for NTTD.

Denis Villenueve wants to do the reboot. That's a pretty easy decision for Barbara Broccoli.