James Bond Official Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 24th, 2021, 3:21 pm
The landscape has changed. These would be the biggest movie makers and distributers now (no particular order):
Disney (theme park)
Comcast (telecom)
Amazon (retailer)
Sony (electronics)
Apple (electronics)
Netflix
WarnerMedia-Discovery (formerly tied to telecom AT&T)
Viacom/CBS AKA Paramount

Companies that aren't tied to a larger company that generates large profit from other avenues (electronics, telecom, retailer, parks, etc.) are all in danger of getting gobbled up by somebody who does.

I'm going back to dvds

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 24th, 2021, 2:50 pm
:!: :!: :!:

Whoa. That's a big purchase price.
Considering Netflix has just spent 500 million on one moderately successful franchise, 9 billion for an entire library of MGM consisting of James Bond, Rocky/Creed, Silence of the Lambs, RoboCop and shows like Handmaid's Tale or Stargate, I think, is a very good deal.

LelekPL wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 2:55 am
TeddyBlass wrote:

Considering Netflix has just spent 500 million on one moderately successful franchise, 9 billion for an entire library of MGM consisting of James Bond, Rocky/Creed, Silence of the Lambs, RoboCop and shows like Handmaid's Tale or Stargate, I think, is a very good deal.
Bond is the big get. I'm not sure the value of the rest of these in relation to the purchase price. I mean, that's more than double Disney's purchase price for MARVEL.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 1:35 pm
LelekPL wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 2:55 am
TeddyBlass wrote:

Bond is the big get. I'm not sure the value of the rest of these in relation to the purchase price. I mean, that's more than double Disney's purchase price for MARVEL.
Marvel is just one franchise. I would rather compare it to Disney's acquisition of FOX which was 71 billion... compared to 9 here. Obviously FOX was not only about the movies but also, or maybe even more so, about TV and Sports. But here you also have got a bunch of shows that you can spin off into franchises, let alone different movies, that you can share rights to, like The Hobbit (which perfectly fits their upcoming TV show) or Tomb Raider.

LelekPL wrote:
May 25th, 2021, 3:46 pm
Marvel is just one franchise. I would rather compare it to Disney's acquisition of FOX which was 71 billion... compared to 9 here. Obviously FOX was not only about the movies but also, or maybe even more so, about TV and Sports. But here you also have got a bunch of shows that you can spin off into franchises, let alone different movies, that you can share rights to, like The Hobbit (which perfectly fits their upcoming TV show) or Tomb Raider.
I get that. My main point being Marvel is a 23 billion dollar franchise over a little more than a decade. Not sure MGM anything with similar box office power.

You better start getting used to buying physical copies of everything if you want to actually own the films you want to watch or else these platforms might just never make them available again.

What do we make of Rege-Jean Page? In Bridgerton, he played the classic romantic-byronic hero. All brooding and intense. He kinda reminded me of Tim Dalton.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
June 23rd, 2021, 2:39 pm
What do we make of Rege-Jean Page? In Bridgerton, he played the classic romantic-byronic hero. All brooding and intense. He kinda reminded me of Tim Dalton.

Rege is a good actor! The obstacle with him is we just had an English bond! They usually switch it up! Sam Heughan has made a compelling case for a Scottish bond! Being part, Scottish I would rent out the theater if he played James Bond!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/254837 ... ime-to-die