Ready Player One (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A bit like Ridley Scott, he seems to make good movies and follow them up with stinkers. Rinse and repeat.

Vader182 wrote:
March 9th, 2018, 9:53 pm
if all Spielberg did for the rest of his career was make movies like War Horse, Tintin and The Post I'd be delighted.

-Vader
War Horse was immensely melodramatic though. And I can't stand the fact that we had to hear the French and the Germans speaking English as opposed to you know, their own languages. I really don't think that's too much to ask, especially not in warfilms.

I do hope Spielberg will make Tintin 2, I don't think PJ is ever coming around to that.

Nomis wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 8:06 am
Vader182 wrote:
if all Spielberg did for the rest of his career was make movies like War Horse, Tintin and The Post I'd be delighted.

-Vader
War Horse was immensely melodramatic though. And I can't stand the fact that we had to hear the French and the Germans speaking English as opposed to you know, their own languages. I really don't think that's too much to ask, especially not in warfilms.

I do hope Spielberg will make Tintin 2, I don't think PJ is ever coming around to that.
dude war horse is a children's film

Premiering at SXSW tomorrow with I presume no embargo on reactions - okay maaybe reviews till later next week but they're screening it to the public across the UK next Sunday/Monday...I guess we should all prepare ourselves

antovolk wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Premiering at SXSW tomorrow with I presume no embargo on reactions - okay maaybe reviews till later next week but they're screening it to the public across the UK next Sunday/Monday...I guess we should all prepare ourselves
Twitter reactions allowed tomorrow?

My main interest is Ben Men at this point. Would say Rylance too but he looks bored out of his mind.

Reviews up tomorrow, but people are tweeting reactions and they are quite positive!!
Last edited by radewart on March 12th, 2018, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

I haven't read the book but I hear it handles a number of issues like stalking rather badly. I wonder how the film reflects on these things?

radewart wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 2:30 am
Reviews up tomorrow, but people are tweeting reactions and they are quite postive!!
Some of the reactions are amazing and awe inspiring.

NowWhereWasI tends to get a pie in his face a lot these days. :lol:

ArmandFancypants wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 8:18 am
Nomis wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 8:06 am
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader

dude war horse is a children's film
maybe but it makes me weep. I'd give it a solid B+.

Also, glad to hear about Ready Player One. Particularly around the visuals, which look so odd in the trailers.

-Vader

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of War Horse, that was just in reference to the comment that it's melodramatic and in English